Windows 10: Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?

Discus and support Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, my family had recently reset the wifi password, which i know of and can connect to it on multiple other devices such as my phone, ipad and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by valorismm, May 5, 2023.

1. valorismm Win User

Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?

hello, my family had recently reset the wifi password, which i know of and can connect to it on multiple other devices such as my phone, ipad and even my family members laptops. But when i try to connect to it on my PC there is a little white x at the corner of the wifi i try to connect to, and when i press “connect” instead of having a security key input option pop up it just immediately says “cant connect to network” i’ve already tried uninstalling my adapter, the powershell admin cmds netsh… etc and i also tried to click forget on the network i wanted to use to re-enter the new pass

:)

valorismm, May 5, 2023

2. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

I've finally figured out what happened, but the problem is only temporarily solved.

I had changed my wifi password. And the phone won't connect with the new password. If I change the wifi password back to the old one it connects.

So it's definitely a phone issue.
    I wish I could change my wifi password and have my phone working..

Black Panther, May 5, 2023
  3. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

This post states that you did'nt Apply the router config after changing the password.

Possible the router memory is bad or not saving new setting
    Change the password reboot the router , check after in router if new password saved
    If not, reset router to factory default and re setup
    check if setting saved after reboot

If do change router password the network will need to be deleted off phone and connect again (or it trying to connect to old saved wifi password ) or could manually change it on phone and save ( as others have stated )

home network
    Wlan
    Configure

Change password and apply , Make sure "Allow new Devices - set to -new stations are allowed (automatically) "

Using same router myself , Free from ISP not the greatest at all *Wink Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password? ;)

SnakeDoctor, May 5, 2023
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

Try removing that connection from your phone completely and then setting up a new one from scratch.

rtwjunkie, May 5, 2023
Thema:

1. Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password? - Similar Threads - Why wont wifi

2. Wifi connection bad after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection bad after reset: Hi I’ve recently taken over a PC with windows 10. It was reset to factory settings and had to config everything when starting up. I chose our Wi-Fi connection and it connected fine. However, the connection is extremely bad and loses connection several times at random. What...
  3. Wifi connection bad after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection bad after reset: Hi I’ve recently taken over a PC with windows 10. It was reset to factory settings and had to config everything when starting up. I chose our Wi-Fi connection and it connected fine. However, the connection is extremely bad and loses connection several times at random. What...
  4. Wifi connection bad after reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Pc wont connect to WiFi

Pc wont connect to WiFi: My pc connected to the WiFi fine yesterday but today when I woke up and tried to go on my oc it wouldn't connected. It comes up with no WiFi network found even though I have set up a network. Iv tried command prompt, iv run troubleshooting for the network adapter it comes up...
  6. Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?: hello, my family had recently reset the wifi password, which i know of and can connect to it on multiple other devices such as my phone, ipad and even my family members laptops. But when i try to connect to it on my PC there is a little white x at the corner of the wifi i try...
  7. Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?

Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?: hello, my family had recently reset the wifi password, which i know of and can connect to it on multiple other devices such as my phone, ipad and even my family members laptops. But when i try to connect to it on my PC there is a little white x at the corner of the wifi i try...
  8. Unable to login to my laptop. WiFi not connected to reset password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to my laptop. WiFi not connected to reset password: I’m trying to log in to my laptop. I had replaced my old password to my windows account a while back to get in to my emails on my phone. The laptop is not connected to the WiFi to get my new password to allow me to log in. I’ve tried connecting a CAT IV cable but doesn’t look...
  9. Wifi wont automatically connect

Wifi wont automatically connect: So I have had my computer for about half a year, and that whole time, my internet would not automatically connect. I run Windows 10, and yes, i know that there is an option that should let my computer connect to the internet automatically, but that setting is not working, so...
  10. Laptop wont connect to wifi

Laptop wont connect to wifi: Hey there, whenever I shutdown my laptop and open it again for like 10 mins or so, it fails to scan for our wifi connection when a few minutes ago it connected. I have: * done so many network reset just to make it work. * uninstalled my network driver then putting it...