Windows 10: Why won't my windows 10 64 bit laptop recognize my external HDD

Discus and support Why won't my windows 10 64 bit laptop recognize my external HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why won't my windows 10 64 bit laptop recognize my external HDD?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WillThomas1977, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Why won't my windows 10 64 bit laptop recognize my external HDD

Why won't my windows 10 64 bit laptop recognize my external HDD?

:)

WillThomas1977, Dec 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 Anniversary update problems, not recognizing external hdd

Well, that's strange, this is my setup:

Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bits
    Version 1607
    OS Build 14393.82

Why won't my windows 10 64 bit laptop recognize my external HDD [​IMG]

WindowsDiez, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Why won't my windows 10 64 bit laptop recognize my external HDD

toshiba external hdd not recognized in windows 10

Hi,

i have toshiba 1.5 tb 3.5" box type external HDD. It works fine on vista pc but not connecting on windows 10 laptop.

when i connected it for the first time on windows 10 laptop it worked and i could see it. i just changed the name of HDD and left it connected. after some time i was horrified to find it missing . laptop simply could not recognize it. i tried restart, checked
    device manager and disk management but could not find it anywhere. I uninstalled some items in device manager but still no success.

HDD works with vista pc of my friend. PL HELP

Thanks

canadian noob, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Why won't my windows 10 64 bit laptop recognize my external HDD

1. Why won't my windows 10 64 bit laptop recognize my external HDD - Similar Threads - Why won't bit

2. My pc won't download anything as 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't download anything as 64 bit: My pc won't stop installing things as 32 bit even though it's 64 based system I download games and other softwares but they all download as 32 but I downloaded this one game that had a 64 bit update so it stopped supporting its 32 bit version my software stayed as 32 bit and...
  3. My pc won't download anything as 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc won't download anything as 64 bit: My pc won't stop installing things as 32 bit even though it's 64 based system I download games and other softwares but they all download as 32 but I downloaded this one game that had a 64 bit update so it stopped supporting its 32 bit version my software stayed as 32 bit and...
  4. Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?: I have this HDD that I used to be able to use on Windows but it stopped working and it is only recognized now on Ubuntu. I had a similar problem with a USB Flash Drive but Disk Manager was able to show the Flash Drive so all I needed to do was assign a letter to the...
  5. Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?: I have this HDD that I used to be able to use on Windows but it stopped working and it is only recognized now on Ubuntu. I had a similar problem with a USB Flash Drive but Disk Manager was able to show the Flash Drive so all I needed to do was assign a letter to the...
  6. Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?

Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?: Ok so I did a fresh install of a 64 bit windows 10 OS on my new Samsung Pro SSD hard drive. My computer is a Dell desktop 8900 64 bit system. I have confirmed all this in the "About PC" but when I try and install any 64 bit software I get the attached error. Any ideas what...
  7. Old laptop won't boot 64 bit windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old laptop won't boot 64 bit windows: I have 2 windows versions of the hdd and the laptop tries to boot the 64 one and won't change to the other version when I press the use other operation system button submitted by /u/geizlodei [link] [comments]...
  8. 64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer

64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer: I bought a windows kit from Amazon, came in a box with a usb drive. I just built my 1st pc my processer in an AMD Rayzen 5 3600x it is for sure 64 bit based. I went to install Windows home 64 bit but it gave me a message saying it failed to install so i installed the 32 bit....
  9. Windows won't recognize my usb 3.0 external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows won't recognize my usb 3.0 external HDD: Hi, I have 1TB transcend USB 3.0 external HDD. Windows did recognized it but no more. Here is what I've tried: Different OS: Ubuntu doesn't recognize it either Different computer: my Android device and another PC I have With Windows 10 do recognize it BIOS settings...
  10. 64-bit architecture not recognized

64-bit architecture not recognized: Hello, I recently upgraded my Windows 8.1 64-bit laptop to Windows 10 via a clean install. Windows 10 installed the 32-bit version, even though I downloaded the 64-bit version of the upgrade tool. I attempted to upgrade to the 64-bit version using the Windows Media...