Windows 10: Why won't my Windows 10 mail app send me notifications?

Discus and support Why won't my Windows 10 mail app send me notifications? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my Gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, yet it won't send me a notification of a new email until I open then app. Even when the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mortal_Mc, May 29, 2020.

1. Why won't my Windows 10 mail app send me notifications?

I have my Gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, yet it won't send me a notification of a new email until I open then app. Even when the app is just minimized it won't send me notifications, only when I unminimize it will it send me the notification of a new email. I have notifications turned on in both the mail app and in the notifications & actions settings menu. Mail and calendar is also enabled in the background app settings. It's extremely frustrating, not sure what could be causing this.

submitted by /u/Mortal_Mc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mortal_Mc, May 29, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Mail app not receiving notifications

Hi Dave,

It seems that the Mail app is not running in the background. To show the app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page, we suggest running it in the background. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Privacy
    • In the left pane, select Background apps.
    • Under Let apps run in the background, toggle the switch to turn on or off the background apps.
    • Once you're done, you may now turn on the Mail app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page to get notifications.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, May 29, 2020
  3. swlabr Win User
    Windows 10 mail App, notifications

Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the Action Center, as well as Notification banners and to play a sound. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. In the mail app, I tried Setting it to check for messages Every 15 minutes, and based on my usage.
    I read somewhere that you can check for items "as they arrive", but this option isn't available for some reason. Is there anything anybody can suggest to try to get new message notifications to show up?

swlabr, May 29, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Why won't my Windows 10 mail app send me notifications?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Why won't my Windows 10 mail app send me notifications? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Why won't my Windows 10 mail app send me notifications?

1. Why won't my Windows 10 mail app send me notifications? - Similar Threads - Why won't mail

2. Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?: I have Microsoft antivirus and firewall turned off since I have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and Malwarebytes installed, which provide all my security including firewall.Windows is constantly notifying me that anti-virus and firewall are turned off.When I look at Windows...
  3. Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?: I have Microsoft antivirus and firewall turned off since I have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and Malwarebytes installed, which provide all my security including firewall.Windows is constantly notifying me that anti-virus and firewall are turned off.When I look at Windows...
  4. Why does Windows 10 Security keep sending me incorrect notifications?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why chrome ALWAYS send me notifications to reconnect to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why chrome ALWAYS send me notifications to reconnect to my account: Why chrome always sent me notifications to reconnect to my account, i do not want to connect to my account. Why does chrome harass me multiple times to reconnect every day with this????...
  6. Why chrome ALWAYS send me notifications to reconnect to my account

Why chrome ALWAYS send me notifications to reconnect to my account: Why chrome always sent me notifications to reconnect to my account, i do not want to connect to my account. Why does chrome harass me multiple times to reconnect every day with this????...
  7. Mail app not sending notifications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not sending notifications.: So, when I set account syncing to "as items arrive" the app stops sending new email notifications and only works when its open which kinda defeats the purpose of notifications. It works fine when set to "every 15 minutes" but thats a little too much, I'd prefer something as...
  8. Windows 10 mail app - sending mail not working

Windows 10 mail app - sending mail not working: When I create new mail and send it, it disappears and does not appear anywhere else like the Outbox. I can send mail by forwarding or replying to mail but cant send using new mail. Any ideas how to fix?...
  9. Not getting notifications for some me mail in the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Not getting notifications for some me mail in the mail app: sorry if this get confusing but my problem is that for some reason if i send mail to myself with another acc the mail app will show it and put that number on the mail app pinned to the taskbar and start. but if its not from me i will still get the notification for it in the...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App Sends Mails Without My Permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Mail App Sends Mails Without My Permission: I am afraid that's a malware. What can i do? I use kaspersky internet security and malwarebytes. I have tried adwcleaner and junkware removal tool, i can't use combofix because i am on 10. A message like this: Hey! New message, please read ... 28457