Windows 10: Why wont proven good credentials work. to access network ?

Discus and support Why wont proven good credentials work. to access network ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Attachment 270466If I know the user name and password work on the other machine. WHY wont it work here ? 152257 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonMurray, Mar 15, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Why wont proven good credentials work. to access network ?

Attachment 270466If I know the user name and password work on the other machine. WHY wont it work here ?

:)

DonMurray, Mar 15, 2020

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Cannot clear network access credentials

I access a network server using a username + password. I'd like to use another username+password, but I cannot clear the old credentials. What I've done until now:

1. there was nothing to delete in Windows credentials (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager)
    2. net use * /del
    3. klist purge
    4. restart explorer
    5. restart PC
    6. changed the password on the server, and saving NEW credentials on the PC. When I reverted back to original server password, the PC connected automatically (this makes me think that those credentials were saved somewhere, but I don't know where).

amimandami, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Why wont proven good credentials work. to access network ?

network credentials

"Network Credentials" still pops on my other computer Gerardscave and Dadscave will not list Gerardscave in the network. Gerardscave will list Dadscave but cannot access it. They are cat 6 wired through the same router.

GerardKaiser, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Why wont proven good credentials work. to access network ?

1. Why wont proven good credentials work. to access network ? - Similar Threads - Why wont proven

2. Network credentials not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network credentials not working: I have two computers, windows 11 desktop, windows 10 laptop both logged in with the same microsoft account, and im trying to share files over my network back and forth.on the windows 10 laptop i can access the user files on the windows 11 desktop. my microsoft username and...
  3. Network credentials not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network credentials not working: I have two computers, windows 11 desktop, windows 10 laptop both logged in with the same microsoft account, and im trying to share files over my network back and forth.on the windows 10 laptop i can access the user files on the windows 11 desktop. my microsoft username and...
  4. Accessing to company network file using network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing to company network file using network credentials: Hi there,I was trying to connect to my company server's files and I tried to login with my account details but it showed this message: 'A specified logon session does not exist. I may already have been terminated.'I tried to edit my details on credential managers. It was...
  5. Accessing to company network file using network credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing to company network file using network credentials: Hi there,I was trying to connect to my company server's files and I tried to login with my account details but it showed this message: 'A specified logon session does not exist. I may already have been terminated.'I tried to edit my details on credential managers. It was...
  6. Enter Network Credentials - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enter Network Credentials - Access Denied: Hello Community!I am trying to access a hard drive on my PC Desktop from my laptop. Quick summary:Both connected to home wi-fi set as private networkPC in question has sharing enabled for the driveBoth computers can see each other on the networkPassword Protect Sharing is...
  7. credentials problem accessing computer on home network

credentials problem accessing computer on home network: Simple version: When I attempt to access computer name Tosh-64 from any other computer on the network, I WAS getting challenged for a user name and p/w. I kept getting 'wrong uname or p/w. Made a big mistake and tried MS account credentials. It's a local account and of course...
  8. Printer Sharing and Network credential access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printer Sharing and Network credential access: Hello: I have two desktops running Windows 10. One is a new one and I would like to be able to print from the USB connected printer on the other desktop. Problem is when I go to access my other computer which I can see, it pops up asking for security credentials. I really...
  9. Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials

Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials: I wish to connect to a directory on another computer on my home network. All was well until the 1803 update (I was able to map the required folder OK) but now I get a dialogue asking for my network credentials; name and password. I think I can set the name OK - in my case...
  10. Cannot clear network access credentials

Cannot clear network access credentials: OS: Windows 10 x64 I access a network server using a username + password. I'd like to use another username+password, but I cannot clear the old credentials. What I've done until now: there was nothing to delete in Windows credentials (Control Panel\All Control Panel...