Windows 10: why won't the drive recovery tool open?

Discus and support why won't the drive recovery tool open? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The windows 10 drive recovery tool won't open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeraldOtt, May 19, 2020.

1. JeraldOtt Win User

why won't the drive recovery tool open?

The windows 10 drive recovery tool won't open.

:)

JeraldOtt, May 19, 2020
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, May 19, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, May 19, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. why won't the drive recovery tool open? - Similar Threads - why won't drive

2. The media creation tool won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The media creation tool won't open.: I'm attempting to perform a clean install of windows 11, but the media creation tool won't open even if I run it as an admin.My main boot drive recently crashed, so I picked up an old disk of windows 7 I had laying around -- I lost the key ages ago, so I figured I'd just go...
  3. The media creation tool won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The media creation tool won't open.: I'm attempting to perform a clean install of windows 11, but the media creation tool won't open even if I run it as an admin.My main boot drive recently crashed, so I picked up an old disk of windows 7 I had laying around -- I lost the key ages ago, so I figured I'd just go...
  4. Why the password recovery page is not opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the password recovery page is not opening?: I typed wrong pin while sign in to my laptop. Then I tried tochange my pin by clicking "I forgot my pin" button. But is it not opening to the pin recovery page. Then it said to wait for over 2 hour. I've waited 2 hour but still I can't sign in. It is still showing, "This...
  5. Why the password recovery page is not opening?

Why the password recovery page is not opening?: I typed wrong pin while sign in to my laptop. Then I tried tochange my pin by clicking "I forgot my pin" button. But is it not opening to the pin recovery page. Then it said to wait for over 2 hour. I've waited 2 hour but still I can't sign in. It is still showing, "This...
  6. Recovery tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery tool: I tried to create a recovery usb, but got message that it couldn't because some files are missing. Help? Can I use the windows media creation tool to repair missing files? Thanks...
  7. Data Recovery Tool

Data Recovery Tool: Hi I'm looking for a totally free recovery tool I recently downloaded easeus but realized you only get to recover 500mb then you have to upgrade so if there is a tool out there that is free and lets you recover more than 500mb I would appreciate the help thanks. 129382
  8. Data Recovery Tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Recovery Tool: Hi I'm looking for a totally free recovery tool I recently downloaded easeus but realized you only get to recover 500mb then you have to upgrade so if there is a tool out there that is free and lets you recover more than 500mb I would appreciate the help thanks. 129382
  9. Recovery tool for USB drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery tool for USB drive: hi all, In window 10, I put it on to sleep mode and remove my usb flash drive, however, my usb flash drive cannot read and Wins asking me to Format my drive. Any tool can help to fix my USB flash drive?...
  10. Why a 32GB USB Drive for Recovery?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why a 32GB USB Drive for Recovery?: I have upgraded a Win 7 and a Win 8 computers to Win 10. On the Win 7 I used an 8 GB USB Drive for Recovery and it did not use all of the space. On the Win 8 computer I'm getting a message that I need a 32 GB drive. I understand that it may also be backing up my Win 8...