Windows 10: Why wont Windows-10-64bit install?

Discus and support Why wont Windows-10-64bit install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm now trying to install W10-64bit onto my current PC. PC's Build Info: Mobo: GIGABYTE / GA-Z87-HD3 (1.x) BIOS Ver: F7 Graphics: onboard CPU:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TicketToRide, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Why wont Windows-10-64bit install?

Hi, I'm now trying to install W10-64bit onto my current PC.

PC's Build Info:

Mobo: GIGABYTE / GA-Z87-HD3 (1.x)
    BIOS Ver: F7
    Graphics: onboard
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K S1150 3.40 GHz
    CPU Part No: SR14A
    Operating System: Currently W7-Pro-64-bit
    Memory: Corsair / 2 x 8GB
    Memory Part No: CML16GX3M2A1600C10
    Power Supply: 500

I built the above PC a few years ago, and installed the W7 OS,
    and it has been working OK using that OS.

Now I wish to upgrade the OS to W10, by doing a clean install, so...

I removed the current W7 (2TB) HDD.
    I fitted a replacement (1TB) HDD. (which currently has my old data files on it)

I booted from the W10 install disk.
    The install seemed to go OK, but after the install screen closed, instead of seeing any confirmation-message or the W10 Desktop,
    I got a light-blue-screen for the Cortana setup!

**Q: Is this supposed to happen?

Reluctantly, I started to complete this setup,
    but after a few minutes the screen went grey/blank,
    but the mouse pointer could still be seen,
    and the 'Cortana-voice' could still occasionally be heard, prompting me to complete the form,
    but of course I couldn't see the form.

I tried the install again, but got the same outcome.

I re-installed the original HDD with the W7 OS, and the PC now works OK again.

So I contacted Gigabyte-Support who said:
    'Please download and update the latest F8 BIOS with QFlash Utility to see if it helps.'
    So it seems that they don't know why either!?
    But I installed the BIOS update.

I tried again, and this time I got through the Cortana setup, to what looked like the desktop,
    but although I could see the choices when I clicked on its Start button, I couldn't seem to select anything obvious. (compared to W7: W10 seems a bit alien to me)
    I closed down the PC, and rebooted later, but this time I just got a black screen.

I downloaded W10 again from the MS website, and made a new Install DVD, re-did the install but got basically the same original problem, where I couldn't complete the Cortana setup, but this time there was no Cortana-sound!

I never had this type of problem before, so has anyone had this problem, and found a solution.

Many thanks.

:)

TicketToRide, Nov 27, 2018

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Why wont Windows-10-64bit install?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Why wont Windows-10-64bit install?

1. Why wont Windows-10-64bit install? - Similar Threads - Why wont 64bit

2. Windows 10 64bit wont start after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 64bit wont start after update: Hi After I updated my computer ACER nitro 5 through windows update I cant star my computer. After reboot it gives me error "critical proces died". Then the it starts "preparing automatic repair" and then "diagnoscing your PC" and then "automatic reparation - your pc doesnt...
  3. Installation of windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of windows 10 64bit: I am trying to install windows but when I get to the “where do you want to install windows” there is nothing I can install it on. I have a ssd m.2 ryzen 5 2600xt radeon 5500xt b450 pro wifi 32gb of ram 500gb ssd m.2...
  4. Window 10 Home 64bit OS wont install on your 64bit OS computer

Window 10 Home 64bit OS wont install on your 64bit OS computer: not able to install Window 10 Home64bit OS on your 64bit OS computer. But it will install Windows10 Pro 32 bit On the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-home-64bit-os-wont-install-on-your-64bit/fca38557-7487-4640-89c5-118f06d6e67a
  5. Window 10 32bit to 64bit installation

Window 10 32bit to 64bit installation: Can I run and install media creation tool for window 10 in the same pc where I downloaded it and want to install the latest window10 version in same pc???...
  6. No Printers Installed - on Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Printers Installed - on Windows 10 64bit: My PC is shut down/powerer down every night, but every morning, around 2am, it starts up again from powered down. This is a separate issue, and not the one I want to ask about now. I'll do that in another question. When I get to my computer, in the morning, it's already...
  7. Installing iTunes on Windows 10 64Bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing iTunes on Windows 10 64Bit: I have followed all the directions previously given by Ethan B in regards to completely uninstalling iTunes installed on my computer by all users. I am the sole user of this computer and even after following the directions provided, I still keep getting the same message...
  8. Windows 10 Installation not working 64bit mode

Windows 10 Installation not working 64bit mode: Hello Microsoft forums, I recently tried installing Windows 10..but I am facing major problems From the screenshot below you can see I am getting the "0xC1900101 - 0x20017" Error. I have no idea what or why this is happening, I am installing the OS on a brand new SSD....
  9. Installing iTunes on Windows 10 64Bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing iTunes on Windows 10 64Bit: I ham trying to install iTunes on my PC. I had iTunes before but I uninstalled it a few weeks ago, Now when I try and install it again I get the message "One or more users on this computer have installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store. All users must uninstall iTunes before...
  10. Skype wont ring and Hyper V wont connect in Windows 10 Pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Skype wont ring and Hyper V wont connect in Windows 10 Pro 64bit: Hi all, I'm having problems with my Windows 10 pc. Skype use to ring when a call is incoming, but now it doesn't. Also my Hyper V won't allow me to create a Linux vm. I keep getting an error saying it can not connect Don't know why this is happening. I've tried...