Windows 10: Why won't windows 10 always allow voting on the lock-screen wallpaper?

Discus and support Why won't windows 10 always allow voting on the lock-screen wallpaper? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like some of the wallpapers, and was hoping that it will provide similar wallpapers when i vote that i like it.. However, sometimes it switches to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshuaM, May 20, 2017.

1. JoshuaM Win User

Why won't windows 10 always allow voting on the lock-screen wallpaper?

I like some of the wallpapers, and was hoping that it will provide similar wallpapers when i vote that i like it.. However, sometimes it switches to an older wallpaper, and does not allow me to vote on it. It is also a wallpaper that it cycles to. Some of the wallpapers do not allow me to vote on them. Why is this? I usually hover in the upper-right hand corner of the screen, and can vote. But sometimes I cannot..... I don't like some of those wallpapers that it won't allow me to vote on.

:)

JoshuaM, May 20, 2017

2. How do i vote on Windows 10 lock screen wallpapers?

I have Windows 10 Home Anniversary Edition. It is the latest update I believe.

Sometimes when it goes to the lock-screen, or I restart my laptop, it displays the alternating wallpaper, and allows me to vote if I like it or not. However, sometimes when it displays the wallpaper, it seems like it does not allow me to vote.

It seems that in order to vote, i must hover over the upper right-hand corner. But the last image on the lock screen did not allow me to vote that i did not like it. The same on the login screen. Is there an option to fix this? I like to allow it to alternate
    the wallpaper to scenery that I like, but if I don't like it, I would like to say that I don't like it, so it won't show it anymore.

JoshuaCaleb, May 20, 2017
  3. How do i vote on Windows 10 lock screen wallpapers?

according to this, the image that has been stuck for days is from spotlight:
    ms answers

however, it does not explain why I also no longer have voting options (for example, "do you like this image?"

I have been stuck on the plane wing image for days. changing the lock screen to blue still keeps that image there

Indeed, I think that at startup and lock screen there may have been voting options, but I am not sure. But now it won't change anymore.

JoshuaMayer, May 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

If you restart, the lock screen is generated differently compared to the lock screen you see if you
    - switch users
    - sleep
    - lock your PC

Why won't windows 10 always allow voting on the lock-screen wallpaper? [​IMG]

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  5. JoshuaM Win User
    regardless, i keep having this windows lock screen lately that is the same one that it switched to, and i cannot vote against it. The one when i rebooted the system was also one i couldn't vote against.

JoshuaM, May 20, 2017
  6. JoshuaM Win User
    i found this: microsoft forum. it shows somebody with the same problem. one day in the upper right hand corner after showing an image, it asked if i like the image, I said i did.. it usually will say something like it will keep showing content like it.. however, it switched to one of the spotlight images that is at that link (the one with the plane wing). and it has been stuck on it ever since. i can not vote on it. i tried to turn off spotlight on lock screen. however, it switches to blue screen for lock screen, but still shows the image, and won't change it. i believe at startup, there are also alternating images, and normally it allows voting too, but it does not always allow voting anymore.

JoshuaM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why won't windows 10 always allow voting on the lock-screen wallpaper? - Similar Threads - Why won't always

2. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...
  3. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...
  4. My lock screen wallpaper won't load or save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lock screen wallpaper won't load or save.: I tried multiple times to change my lock screen wallpaper to a custom photo, but it won't load. It gets stuck on a loading screen on the preview and it won't load or save afterwards....
  5. My lock screen wallpaper won't load or save.

My lock screen wallpaper won't load or save.: I tried multiple times to change my lock screen wallpaper to a custom photo, but it won't load. It gets stuck on a loading screen on the preview and it won't load or save afterwards....
  6. why it always locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why it always locked: Be free it for student https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-it-always-locked/c1ca1aad-2ed5-42c8-9c17-83b52b30c808
  7. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  8. Wallpaper on lock screen

Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  9. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. lock screen wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen wallpaper: Hi, I set a wallpaper on my lock screen by mistake. But I want to get back the windows feature of automatic slideshow of lock screen wallpaper.Before I set the wallpaper, Windows always set a new lock screen wallpaper automatically in about 2-4 days, but when I set a new...