Windows 10: Why won't Windows 10 incorporate a file transfer program into Windows?

Discus and support Why won't Windows 10 incorporate a file transfer program into Windows? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed three different file transfer programs to speed up file transfers since Windows built in program is slow. I've tried Teracopy, Extreme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BranBro, Jul 1, 2017.

1. BranBro Win User

Why won't Windows 10 incorporate a file transfer program into Windows?

I have installed three different file transfer programs to speed up file transfers since Windows built in program is slow. I've tried Teracopy, Extreme Copy, and one other and they all say that they would be used as the default program when i move files around, but it hasn't happened, Windows just uses its own built in program to move around files. What is going on???I am getting VERY frustrated.

:)

BranBro, Jul 1, 2017

2. Importing old emails to Windows 10 Mail

my ceml program will let you view eml files from Windows Mail (Vista) and Windows Live Mail, although it won't help incorporating them into Windows Mail in Win10.

http://www.oehelp.com/ceml/

steve

Steve Cochran, Jul 1, 2017
  3. importing files from wim 7 to win 10

" Copy them to a USB drive and transfer them to your Music directory in Windows 10."

I tried that. The music won't transfer. When I remove the USB drive the music disappears.

Why won't win10 recognize my files from win7?

ronargeec3, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

File Explorer [and the earlier Windows Explorer back to Win95] is the file management program and pretty much the core of Windows, without it Windows doesn't run well, if at all. I also use a third-party software at times that tends to be faster with some things but the biggest 'fault' I find with File Explorer is in constantly rereading a Folder's contents when there are changes which does tend to show a slowness. Adding to the problem is the size of files and the size of the hard drives, 1TB seems to be a standard now-a-days for Desktops but that's changing to SSDs as the price lowers.

I've dealt with the process for more than 20 years [since Windows 95] but it does seem worse in Win10.

Historical note: Before Windows 95 it was DOS for the Disk Operating System with Windows 3.xx or earlier running on top of DOS as a GUI/Graphical User Interface or environment. But 'back then' the programs and their files were smaller and my first computer had MS-DOS 5 installed on a 120MB hard drive with 4MB RAM on an AMD 80386-40MHz computer [still have one]. Windows 95 started the merge of DOS into Windows. Windows NT 3.x, NT 4.0 and 2000 were a different OS. Win2000 and WinME [Millenium Edition] being the last separated business and consumer editions, both merged into various editions of WinXP.

Berton, Jul 1, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    It's possible that that comment comes from Win 7 days. From Win 8 on, a program cannot assign itself as the default for anything- the user has to do that using Windows features.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why won't Windows 10 incorporate a file transfer program into Windows? - Similar Threads - Why won't incorporate

2. Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10: So I have connected my Samsung S23 to my PC and transferred files from phone to PC.When I try to play them I get the error code "YOu need a new codec to play this item. codecs help the app read and play different files'2240224_110026' Requires the 'HEVC video Extensions' code...
  3. Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10: So I have connected my Samsung S23 to my PC and transferred files from phone to PC.When I try to play them I get the error code "YOu need a new codec to play this item. codecs help the app read and play different files'2240224_110026' Requires the 'HEVC video Extensions' code...
  4. File and program transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File and program transfer: Hi,I am using a ten year old computer running the latest version of Windows 10. I have just purchased a new computer with Windows 11 installed. What is the best way to transfer all my Files and Data from the old computer to the new one. I have a program on my old computer...
  5. File and program transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File and program transfer: Hi,I am using a ten year old computer running the latest version of Windows 10. I have just purchased a new computer with Windows 11 installed. What is the best way to transfer all my Files and Data from the old computer to the new one. I have a program on my old computer...
  6. Transferring .asi files to Program Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring .asi files to Program Files?: I need help transferring this file. When I try and move it I get an error: Error 0x80004005. I know that installing mods and such can be dangerous, but I have accepted the risk and yet still can't move this over to the GTAV directory. I was wondering if there is any way to...
  7. Windows 10 won't prioritize Etherenet for File Transfer

Windows 10 won't prioritize Etherenet for File Transfer: Windows wont transfer files over Ethernet, It keeps doing so over WiFi, Unless WiFi is off, Then it transfers no problem. If WiFi is re-enabled Ethernet continues to transfer but only while that transfer is running Windows is up to date: OS Version 1809 Drivers are up to...
  8. file and program transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file and program transfer: what is best way to transfer files and programs from windows 10 computer to new windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-and-program-transfer/5b7ef86c-ff6d-47fd-9b3c-b86af5353ac4
  9. transfer files and programs

transfer files and programs: How can i transfer files and programs from one windows 10 pc to another windows 10 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-and-programs/aa5405e0-91ea-4d2b-970f-fd6b579f7f18"
  10. Windows 10 program transfer software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 program transfer software?: I'm considering setting up Windows 10 64-bit on a separate storage drive and transferring over a Windows 10 32-bit setup. What's the best program to transfer programs and data: Easeus ToDo PCTrans, PC Mover, Zinstall, or something else? 118069