Windows 10: Why won't windows 10 process a pdf print job?

Discus and support Why won't windows 10 process a pdf print job? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having nothing but problems trying to print pdfs from brand new windows 10 machines on a brand new high end business class toshiba printer. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rodney Parker, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Why won't windows 10 process a pdf print job?

I am having nothing but problems trying to print pdfs from brand new windows 10 machines on a brand new high end business class toshiba printer. The thread describing the same infuriating issue that goes all the way back to 2015 has been locked for comment and the issue still hasn't been resolved. The windows 7 machines that microsoft says we need to stop using in our office have zero problems achieving such a marvel as to simply print a pdf. A+ job turning my work days into unproductive miserable excercises in futility.

:)

Rodney Parker, Jan 28, 2020

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Tom-Con Win User
    Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Why won't windows 10 process a pdf print job?

Microsoft Print to PDF, troublesome T attribute

Use BulkFileChanger (from Nirsoft) or PowerShell command to unset "T" attribute. More here:

Windows Search Not Listing Microsoft Print to PDF Files - The Winhelponline Blog :

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/search-not-indexing-pdf-ms-print-to-pdf/

Related Links

MS Print to PDF adds the "T" (temporary) attribute when writing to PDF which causes Windows Search to skip the file.

Microsoft Print to PDF, troublesome T attribute

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/103237

fsutil – oasysadmin

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Why won't windows 10 process a pdf print job?

1. Why won't windows 10 process a pdf print job? - Similar Threads - Why won't process

2. old print job overlaying all new print jobs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old print job overlaying all new print jobs: I'm using a canon printer, connected with usb to my main computer PC running Windows 11 Home. Also have a laptop that connects to the printer via wifi. Previously a very long print job was printed from the laptop. Now every new print job from either computer gets the original...
  3. old print job overlaying all new print jobs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    old print job overlaying all new print jobs: I'm using a canon printer, connected with usb to my main computer PC running Windows 11 Home. Also have a laptop that connects to the printer via wifi. Previously a very long print job was printed from the laptop. Now every new print job from either computer gets the original...
  4. In Windows 10, print jobs won't leave queue after they've printed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In Windows 10, print jobs won't leave queue after they've printed.: When I print something, it prints just fine. But, even after it has printed, the print job stays in the queue for about 15-20 mins afterwards, holding all other print jobs after it up. See the screen grab below.The circled job in the picture above has already printed. Yet, it...
  5. My Adobe PDF won't print

My Adobe PDF won't print: I was trying to print something from my Adobe PDF reader, but it keeps freezing and won't respond. Is there any other PDF reader I can download that will work better? I'm getting pretty tired of Adobe. Unless you pay, their stuff won't work. Yes I've rebooted and it...
  6. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex: I have created a presentation in Open Office, and want to create a PDF of handouts. I create a PDF via print to printer "Microsoft Print to PDF". That creates a PDF file. The problem I have is this - when I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader and then try to print a copy,...
  7. Printer won't print PDF Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer won't print PDF Files: I downloaded Windows 10 update version 2004 yesterday now my Cannon 4820 printer will not print any PDF files from the website or from File Explorer. I have the latest driver for the printer. I ran the printer troubleshooter and was able to print out a test page. What can...
  8. Print Job Disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Job Disappearing: I followed all the recommended options for helping my print job not disappear, but they continue to spool for a couple seconds then disappear...I am at my wits end. I know its not the printer because a test print works fine. I have windows 10...
  9. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex: I have a printer that does automatic duplex printing. I am working with others who also have printers with automatic duplex printing. I am preparing a booklet for an event we are having.. We were going to each 1/3 of the necessary copies on each of our printers. On 3/3, I...
  10. Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?: Hi, We just got a new computer at work. Any time I print, I get the attached notification, "Your print job is waiting by other job". After a few minutes, it eventually prints. I have checked and do not have anything in my printer queue. Does anyone have any ideas how to get...