Windows 10: Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

Discus and support Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cameron Snyder1, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?

:)

Cameron Snyder1, Dec 5, 2023

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device? :)

zarathustra2012, Dec 5, 2023
  3. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer?

I have installed a DYMO printer, but it is not listed as a printer but only as an Unspecified Device. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer? All printer troubleshooting steps require it to be listed as a Printer, and
    all Help solutions assume that it can be recognized as a printer.

Shesabigdork, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Archived - HP Support Community

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

1. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device? - Similar Threads - Why won't recognize

2. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...
  3. why won't my Canon MG8150 printer scan to my computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why won't my Canon MG8150 printer scan to my computer?: why won't my Canon MG 8150 printer scan to pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-canon-mg8150-printer-scan-to-my/fd72b42c-4c27-44d4-85d8-bc38e62d363f
  4. my printer and fax are the same device, and window recognize only the printer in the devices

my printer and fax are the same device, and window recognize only the printer in the devices: i have laserjet pro mep m227fdwand its both fax and printer, when i add the device through the device and printers section it only shows printer no fax,so if i want to send fax from word then i can't cause i can choose only the printer...
  5. Printers recognized but won't print

Printers recognized but won't print: I had to restore my windows 10 HP computer. Now I cannot get either of my printers to print. They are recognized, will not print. I get a message of "Could not start printer. Please check your printer configuration." when printing from an app. I get a message of "Operation...
  6. Printer won't scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer won't scan: Epson 446 printer will copy and print, but not scan; any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-scan/68fc8aa6-4322-4a82-a7a9-d92b556b63be
  7. printer,scan won't work

printer,scan won't work: cannot get printer to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscan-wont-work/b3d986ea-b363-4fc2-9bc1-041d59707fed
  8. Computer won't recognize printer

Computer won't recognize printer: I am having a problem with my computer not recognizing that my printer is installed. I have gone through all the uninstall and reinstall procedures for the printer numerous time, but when I try to send to printer, it tells me the printer is not installed. GRRRR Can anyone...
  9. Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner

Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner: I have a Conoscan 9950f scanner and a new Windows 10 64 bit computer. As soon as I powered the scanner up, plug and play took off and installed it. Going to settings>printers and scanners showed that it was installed. Clicking on the scanner icon and hit 'manage' brought up...
  10. Printer won't scan....

Printer won't scan....: Hi I've an HP Envy 4500 series printer about 2/3 years old and never had a big problem, till today when it won't scan. Did a troubleshoot which went through everything displaying the following message which I can't follow. "Turn on the :%printername% usb composite device...