Windows 10: Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...

Discus and support Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jake Rocker, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...

This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal login information which I've confirmed many times. I've restarted the computer and reinstalled chrome several times and nothing works. I've looked for the "disable re-authentication" flag in chrome and it doesn't exist anymore. My MS username is an email address which works fine for logging into the computer but does not work for this security prompt for some reason?!?!? What is wrong and why can't I authenticate to view my passwords?? This is v

:)

Jake Rocker, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Why is windows security asking for username and password

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Are you referring to either the Microsoft Security Essentials or the Windows Defender? If not, please specify which Windows security utility is asking for your username and password.
    • Does the issue also occur when you try to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?
    • What username and password is being asked (e.g. Microsoft Account, etc.)? If it's other than your Microsoft Account, please specify which account.
    • What happens when you try to enter your username and password?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...

My windows password won't be accepted.

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to create a new user account.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with networking from lock screen.

Refer to: From the sign-in screen

Step 2: Once you are in Safe mode, I recommend you to add another user account.

Follow the below steps to create new user account from Safe mode:

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user <new user name> <password> /add" (substituting the desired username for "new user name" and the desired password for "password" example: "net user newuser 12345 /add"
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Close the command prompt and restart the computer to check if you are able to see the new user account.

Let us know if the above recommendation is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...

1. Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password... - Similar Threads - Why won't Security

2. Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...: This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal login information which I've confirmed many times. I've restarted the computer and reinstalled chrome several times and...
  3. Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to...: This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal login information which I've confirmed many times. I've restarted the computer and reinstalled chrome several times and...
  4. Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to...: This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal login information which I've confirmed many times. I've restarted the computer and reinstalled chrome several times and...
  5. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  6. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  7. Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password: I use Windows 10's default VPN for tethering reasons and because, in the past, it was really simple to setup. I've had the same VPN saved on my laptop for months and previously was able to simply click it on when I needed to and it worked great. This isn't the case anymore....
  8. Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password: I use Windows 10's default VPN for tethering reasons and because, in the past, it was really simple to setup. I've had the same VPN saved on my laptop for months and previously was able to simply click it on when I needed to and it worked great. This isn't the case anymore....
  9. Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields: I have a machine that when I do anything requiring elevation I'm getting the windows security pop up, but the username\password entry fields are missing and my only option is to select cancel. I've recreated the entire user profile but it's still happening. No idea at this...
  10. Why won't Windows Explorer accept my router username/password when attemting to map a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why won't Windows Explorer accept my router username/password when attemting to map a...: I have a hard drive attached to my router and have successfully mapped it in each iteration of Windows from XP to 10. It's always been an unnecessarily complicated and difficult process, involving internet searching, consulting web sites, tearing hair out etc, but through...