Windows 10: Why won't Windows use the Windows 10 pro key I have linked to my account?

Discus and support Why won't Windows use the Windows 10 pro key I have linked to my account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have several devices linked to my account with Windows 10 pro. Figures Microsoft doesn't want to automatically apply the pro key to my now current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MCKROWE, May 23, 2020.

1. MCKROWE Win User

Why won't Windows use the Windows 10 pro key I have linked to my account?

I have several devices linked to my account with Windows 10 pro. Figures Microsoft doesn't want to automatically apply the pro key to my now current PC, and instead applies the home version.... I have lost access to all my keys old and new because of my old computer's hardware failing. Why can't I retrieve my pro keys from my account???

:)

MCKROWE, May 23, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 23, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Why won't Windows use the Windows 10 pro key I have linked to my account? - Similar Threads - Why won't pro

2. How to link a Windows 10 Pro key to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to link a Windows 10 Pro key to a Microsoft account: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from Amazon back in 2015 and I have the full key. I was hoping there was a way to link they key to my Microsoft account to keep track of it easier.Thanks for your time,-Chris...
  3. How to link a Windows 10 Pro key to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to link a Windows 10 Pro key to a Microsoft account: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from Amazon back in 2015 and I have the full key. I was hoping there was a way to link they key to my Microsoft account to keep track of it easier.Thanks for your time,-Chris...
  4. How to link a Windows 10 Pro key to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I have an OEM license Windows 10 linked to my account, if I upgrade to pro account using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an OEM license Windows 10 linked to my account, if I upgrade to pro account using...: I want to change my license to retail for purposes of access to account transfer to a new pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-oem-license-windows-10-linked-to-my/c2fdbb67-bb20-4147-9868-4bd64006442a
  6. I have an OEM license Windows 10 linked to my account, if I upgrade to pro account using...

I have an OEM license Windows 10 linked to my account, if I upgrade to pro account using...: I want to change my license to retail for purposes of access to account transfer to a new pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-oem-license-windows-10-linked-to-my/c2fdbb67-bb20-4147-9868-4bd64006442a
  7. I have an OEM license Windows 10 linked to my account, if I upgrade to pro account using...

8. Is windows 10 license key linked to my account?

Is windows 10 license key linked to my account?: I'm planning on building a new PC because the current laptop I'm using is on it's last legs. For some context, I purchased my current daily drive laptop for cheap on ebay a couple years ago but it came with a retail windows 10 pro key. I've confirmed this by entering through...
  9. Windows 10 Home to Pro using linked account

Windows 10 Home to Pro using linked account: i had Windows 10 Pro license key linked to my Microsoft account and my old laptop had Windows 10 Pro in it.I purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home. I want to change it into Pro. I have signed my Microsoft account into it but it still remains Home version....
  10. My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.

My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.: When I upgraded for free from windows 8 to windows 10 I got a digital license on my microsoft account but somehow I've deleted it when browsing through my account. At the time I contacted the support and was told that once I reinstalled Windows 10 I'd get my license back in...