Windows 10: Why won't Windows use the Windows 10 pro key I have linked to my account?

Discus and support Why won't Windows use the Windows 10 pro key I have linked to my account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have several devices linked to my account with Windows 10 pro. Figures Microsoft doesn't want to automatically apply the pro key to my now current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MCKROWE, May 23, 2020.

1. MCKROWE Win User

Why won't Windows use the Windows 10 pro key I have linked to my account?

I have several devices linked to my account with Windows 10 pro. Figures Microsoft doesn't want to automatically apply the pro key to my now current PC, and instead applies the home version.... I have lost access to all my keys old and new because of my old computer's hardware failing. Why can't I retrieve my pro keys from my account???

:)

MCKROWE, May 23, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 23, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Why won't Windows use the Windows 10 pro key I have linked to my account? - Similar Threads - Why won't pro

2. I have a digital windows 10 key attached to my Microsoft account. Can I use that on a new...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a digital windows 10 key attached to my Microsoft account. Can I use that on a new...: So I am building a new PC and my current PC is using a digital edition of Windows with an activation code tied to my Microsoft Account. Do I need to buy a new Windows 10 activation code or will the one I'm currently using still work with this new PC I am going to be building?...
  3. Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to use Windows Hello to sign in to my account?: I want to sign in to my Microsoft account, however no matter what I do, I basically have to set up Windows Hello. I don't want to set up Windows Hello. When I press "I'll set up my account later", it just kicks me out of the sign in page and I have to repeat the process all...
  4. I have the key for windows 10 pro that I bought from Microsoft but never used it

I have the key for windows 10 pro that I bought from Microsoft but never used it: I purchase from microcosm a key for windows 10 pro, how can I used now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-the-key-for-windows-10-pro-that-i-bought/11ab3764-2e06-4de4-a287-809fbeeca473"
  5. Why won't Windows 10 Pro Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why won't Windows 10 Pro Install: Greetings. Via a media creation tool USB, I was able to reinstall Win 10 Pro on computer #1 since I had Win 10 before. I attempted to install, using the same tool on computer #2 with 32 bit O/S which has a 64 bit processor. It was rejected: "This Version of this...
  6. I have a problem with my account (Windows 10 Pro)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a problem with my account (Windows 10 Pro): I always use on my computer my Microsoft account.[ATTACH] yesterday I switched from a Microsoft account to a local account. And there was a problem with administrator rights....
  7. Account Linked Windows 10 Home Key won't activate after uninstall

Account Linked Windows 10 Home Key won't activate after uninstall: Hello, I recently uninstalled my windows 10 home product key from my PC after preparing to move my windows 10 key to a new device. I have freshly installed windows but the system is telling me that no product key is detected. On my previous PC, the activation settings said...
  8. Windows 10 OEM Key - Account link

Windows 10 OEM Key - Account link: Hey ! So I have my current OEM windows licence installed on my machine, and I'm building a new system that I will use very soon. Since I can't transfer my current licence to that new system, and since I can't afford a full edition, I'm probably about to buy another OEM key...
  9. My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.

My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.: When I upgraded for free from windows 8 to windows 10 I got a digital license on my microsoft account but somehow I've deleted it when browsing through my account. At the time I contacted the support and was told that once I reinstalled Windows 10 I'd get my license back in...
  10. I don't have a product key for my windows 10,reason why i can't use my dvd drive for it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't have a product key for my windows 10,reason why i can't use my dvd drive for it...: I don't have a product key for windows 10,reason why I can't use my dvd drive for it says windows 10 need to be activated.what should I do,i only have a windows 7 product key.should I downgrade to window7 from 10?How?...