Windows 10: Why would anyone use Microsoft Windows 10 after several updates absolutely ruining pc's?

Discus and support Why would anyone use Microsoft Windows 10 after several updates absolutely ruining pc's? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I fought with Windows 10 for two years on four separate computers from different manufactures...... Certain updates would just killed the pc's and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JuddHouston, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Why would anyone use Microsoft Windows 10 after several updates absolutely ruining pc's?

I fought with Windows 10 for two years on four separate computers from different manufactures...... Certain updates would just killed the pc's and Microsoft's customer service would tell me it was a hardware failure and not Microsoft's fault. I fought and fought to keep that operating system running for fear of loosing information. I absolutely refuse to use a cloud with my or customer information. I use back up drives for that now. I finally had gotten tired of the non stop issues occurring and had read up on several different flavors of Linux. Ubuntu Mate being one of the easier to learn, dove right it. I backed up all four computers, zeroed out the hard drives and installed Ubuntu Mate 18.04 recently. I was amazed at the stability and speed of the operating system Ubuntu Mate so I tried it on my home gaming box and added my Steam games to it. When into the Steam settings and used a tool to play all of my Windows games on Linux. I had two older games that did not work, but all of my newer titles worked great and it had XBox controller support. My huge question is, has anyone else had this experience and what is your input? If you have had enough of the hacked up Windows that continuously installs bloatware and is horribly unstable and have questions, maybe I can help. I am still learning to use Ubuntu Mate, but if I remember correctly, I have learned it quicker than Windows 10 which I hadn't really gotten used to. Windows 10 always had features coming and going and the computers kept crashing so why bother learning that when you can learn on something stable that is going to be around a lot longer?

:)

JuddHouston, Oct 8, 2018
  2. RejZoR Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

I'm currently on Windows 10 and the Windows Update is fucking retarded. I'm a power user and I have ABSOLUTELY NO control over it's behavior. Can't even select notify but let me decide when to install like in Windows 8.1. Nope. Treat me like a fucking noob. WTF Microsoft!?

RejZoR, Oct 8, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Why would anyone use Microsoft Windows 10 after several updates absolutely ruining pc's?

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Why would anyone use Microsoft Windows 10 after several updates absolutely ruining pc's? [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Why would anyone use Microsoft Windows 10 after several updates absolutely ruining pc's?

1. Why would anyone use Microsoft Windows 10 after several updates absolutely ruining pc's? - Similar Threads - Why anyone Microsoft

2. Why would microsoft discontinue windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would microsoft discontinue windows 10?: Why is microsoft ending support for windows 10? A lot of businesses, schools, and personal users still use windows 10 because either they don't want to upgrade or that they can't because of the minimum requirements. Ending support means that it would put every single windows...
  3. Why would microsoft discontinue windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why would microsoft discontinue windows 10?: Why is microsoft ending support for windows 10? A lot of businesses, schools, and personal users still use windows 10 because either they don't want to upgrade or that they can't because of the minimum requirements. Ending support means that it would put every single windows...
  4. Why would microsoft discontinue windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC: Title.my Pc is now constantly **** running at 9 fps thanks to the latest windows UWP update, thank you very **** much for not letting me do anything about it either; I cannot force uninstall the UWP update nor the latest windows update! It has completely **** my AMD Adrenalin...
  6. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC: Title.my Pc is now constantly **** running at 9 fps thanks to the latest windows UWP update, thank you very **** much for not letting me do anything about it either; I cannot force uninstall the UWP update nor the latest windows update! It has completely **** my AMD Adrenalin...
  7. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 update ruined my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update ruined my pc: One night I was playing games and shut my computer down after, it said it had to update so I let it do its thing. I opened my computer and continued to log in, I notice instantly it was taking at least 15x the time it normally did. Then when I finally get logged in everything...
  9. after several updates to windows 10

after several updates to windows 10: Since doing several updates to windows 10, I have lost my photos, documents and app icons. My touch screen doesn't do anything when I touch the screen to move it. and then the background screen does not change anymore....
  10. Windows 10 update ruined my pc.

Windows 10 update ruined my pc.: The windows 10 update caused my computer to go into a restart loop until I went into cmd and did a backup. now the taskbar doesn’t work and my pc does not recognize my keyboard and ethernet ports. they both function perfectly with my laptop but dont work with my pc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why would anyone use windows

2. news about the failure of windows backup ruining Pc USE