Windows 10: why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what...

Discus and support why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have my own paid for anti-virus, anti-malware software. I do not use windows defender. At one point I only had that and an anti-virus but windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gmt3010, Oct 25, 2018.

1. gmt3010 Win User

why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what...

I have my own paid for anti-virus, anti-malware software. I do not use windows defender. At one point I only had that and an anti-virus but windows defender did not defend.

So now I notice my outlook notebook application (the one you download and use in your computer) will not receive emails. I have this feeling it has to do with windows defender, which I turned off, and should be off still.

Has anyone had this happen? Where it interfered with the operation of another application/software?

thanks,

Gina

:)

gmt3010, Oct 25, 2018
  2. BirdmanC4 Win User

Windows Defender Task Schedule/Triggers

[Moved from Windows 10]

Hi everyone. Im having a problem with windows defender task schedule. I have set triggers for the 4 processes under windows defender in task schedule, and then I deleted the triggers. What I noticed the next day is: windows defender performed a scheduled
    scan twice. The first time at 8:30 AM. When I checked task schedule after the first scan only the scheduled scan was completed. The other 3 processes which includes (windows defender cache maintenance, windows defender cleanup and windows defender verification)
    did not start as yet. Then after about 2 hours I checked windows defender and it says: last scan: Today at 11:30 AM. I was confused because it already performed a scan today. So I went and checked task schedule and saw that all 4 processes were completed at
    11:30 AM. So why did It perform the first scan any way? Do you think the trigger I created and then deleted corrupted some of the files there? Or is this behavior normal? Also before I created the triggers for all 4 processes I saw that there were no authors
    listed for them. Since I created the triggers I noticed my username and CPU name would show up under author for each process. Now that I deleted all 4 triggers I still see my username and CPU name listed for each process. Is this normal?
    why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what... 89d71a04-a7dc-4124-b3be-ff4ba3134bf0.png

BirdmanC4, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Windows Defender issues with schedule task(Triggers)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are facing issues with Windows defender. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Do you have any other triggers in the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan> Trigger tab?

If yes, you may delete them and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/schedule-a-scan-in-windows-defender

You may follow the below steps to check the time set for automatic maintenance.

1. In the search option of the taskbar type "Change Automatic maintenance settings" and press enter.

2. Now if you want the scan to take place at 2:00 Am, set the desired time from the drop down list.

3. Click on Ok.

Now check if the scan takes place at the set time.

You may also follow the below steps to update the defender definitions and check if it helps.

1. In the search option of the taskbar type "windows defender" and press enter.

2. Click on the update tab.

3. Click on update definitions and check.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Oct 25, 2018
  4. why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what...

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what...

1. why would anyone use windows defender? somehow it got triggered and I think it's what... - Similar Threads - why anyone defender

2. I think i got ratted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i got ratted.: I was downloading mods for a game then i tried to open the game but it kept crashing i asked someone in the mod community for help he asked for a photo of the file that contains mods and he said i got ratted. I then opened my security app malwarebytes and it detected 17 files...
  3. I think I got scammed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I got scammed: Please Help me to see If I got scammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-got-scammed/8f0c9505-75e7-47bb-b318-dcc9776ce5bb
  4. How would i trigger an update for MS 365 Defender -Devices with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How would i trigger an update for MS 365 Defender -Devices with Malware: How would I trigger an update for MS 365 Defender -Devices with Malware, my status is currently showing that it's been updated last week on the 16th of Nov, I ran a force a sync from On Prem AD to Azure from one of the domain controllers and that doesnt seem to have...
  5. I Think I Got A Virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Think I Got A Virus?: I was scrolling through articles on the 'My Feed' tab and I saw an ad with a title that was interesting, and somehow caught my attention. I clicked on it, and read only a page. When I clicked the arrow to get to the second page, a pop up ad showed up. I knew not to trust it...
  6. i think i deleted settings by mistake or it got removed somehow windows 10 hp stream 14

i think i deleted settings by mistake or it got removed somehow windows 10 hp stream 14: i discovered this happened while trying to get the wifi icon on my taskbar by using personalization and turns out it doesnt work here the error message "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action please install an app or if one is already...
  7. What should I do if I think I got hacked?

What should I do if I think I got hacked?: I downloaded a 3d model and it said hacking attempt? Not sure if I should believe it because who would tell the victim that they are getting hacked. submitted by /u/International-Ear-91 [link] [comments]...
  8. Why would anyone get windows S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why would anyone get windows S mode: Surely at some point you will want to use an app not available. at microsoft store Then you would have to switch out of S mode to use that app and you can't switch back. Seems useless unless you are totally paranoid....
  9. Why Would Windows Think an HDD is an SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Would Windows Think an HDD is an SSD?: I recently changed an SSD for a large HDD, but Windows still seems to think that the new drive is an SSD. Does anyone know why this has happened and what I should do to correct the problem? 158332
  10. I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think Windows Pro was somehow installed during an update: Back when Windows 10 was being rolled out, I signed up for a free copy. At some point I had issues getting Windows 10 to update. I set up a time for Microsoft to help me. They went in, and messed around with my computer and when I refused to pay a fee, immediately closed...