Windows 10: Why would Chrome use my webcam?

Discus and support Why would Chrome use my webcam? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The title of this post says it all. I use Kaspersky and I just received a notice for Kaspersky that Chrome is using my webcam. I'm not aware of any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nisko, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Nisko Win User

Why would Chrome use my webcam?

The title of this post says it all. I use Kaspersky and I just received a notice for Kaspersky that Chrome is using my webcam. I'm not aware of any reason for this. Could someone please tell me the possibilities? Thank you.......

:)

Nisko, Oct 13, 2017

2. Windows 10 uses more RAM than Windows 7

There is problem: Chrome, its an absolute memory and battery hog.

I would stop using it immediately.

Why Chrome Uses So Much Freaking RAM - Lifehacker

Do web searches about it.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 13, 2017
  3. CalebDeng Win User
    Windows 10 open up Google Chrome with Windows Help Page when startup (2)

No, chrome wasn't opened when I shut down my computer. Also, if it does, why the Windows Help Page would show in chrome?

CalebDeng, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Chrome can be very intrusive at it's default settings. So go to your settings, advanced settings, then content settings and scroll to camera. Make sure it's set to ask before accessing is turned on (blue) and that no sites are added.

Plankton, Oct 13, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    Skype for Web would use it - it isn't always nefarious...

6. Nisko Win User
    Thank you. I found that an online mic/cam site had permission to be used (it's a site I use often). However, I wasn't using it so the warming shouldn't have been on. Also, the cam's on light wasn't on. Strange. Anyway, I disallowed that site. Thanks again!

Nisko, Oct 14, 2017
  7. Nisko Win User
    Thanks. I don't use the browser for Skype. I use Skype directly.

Nisko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why would Chrome use my webcam? - Similar Threads - Why Chrome webcam

2. Why can't my webcam or fingerprint scanner be used in Hello?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why can't my webcam or fingerprint scanner be used in Hello?: I have a Asus Vivobook pro why does it say it cannot find a webcam or fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello when I have both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-my-webcam-or-fingerprint-scanner-be-used/b062d2a2-a8c7-4397-a108-b4ad5a8ee296
  3. CamProviiders.exe is using my webcam.

in Windows 10 Support
    CamProviiders.exe is using my webcam.: A popup at the top of my screen say "CamProvider.exe is using the webcam." It is the same popup I get when using Zoom. When I start Zoom I have both popups. Does anyone know what camprovider.exe is? 170116
  4. Unable to use Webcam in Edge or Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to use Webcam in Edge or Google Chrome: Hey everyone! I've ran into an issue that I was hoping someone could provide some insight on. When attempting to use the webcam in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, I have been unable to do so. It has only been working in Firefox. When verifying the Camera & Privacy...
  5. why would a person have trouble downloading google chrome if they have microsoft chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why would a person have trouble downloading google chrome if they have microsoft chrome: Why would a person be unable to download google chrome if they have Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-a-person-have-trouble-downloading-google/3f5049d4-6094-41a7-9c65-a5a748d0c789
  6. using my webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    using my webcam: I would like to know how to use my web cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-my-webcam/3ac46fba-d468-4688-91ce-5be8b9495e80
  7. Why Is My Webcam Always On?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Is My Webcam Always On?: My webcam seems to be on even when the computer is off. It has a ring of white leds around the lens and they have been shining all the time, whether the pc is on or off. How's that possible I wonder? 132010
  8. Why Is My Webcam Always On?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Is My Webcam Always On?: My webcam seems to be on even when the computer is off. It has a ring of white leds around the lens and they have been shining all the time, whether the pc is on or off. How's that possible I wonder? 132010
  9. why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam?

in Windows 10 Support
    why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam?: Hi all. Recently, i have noticed my Kaspersky blocking system32\taskhostw.exe from using my webcam. As you can see in the attached screenshot that the application - Host Process for Windows Tasks is being blocked to access my webcam. [img] What is trying to access my...
  10. Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running

in Browsers and Email
    Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running: I have a habit of looking at task manager regularly when the computer is on particularly when I feel warm air coming out of the right hand side "mouse" vent. When I looked just now I saw this?? At the most I have only ever seen 4 or 6 at a time. What the hell do you think...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is chrome accessing my webcam

2. why is google chrome using my webcam

3. why is google chrome accessing my camera all the time?

4. google chrome uses web camera,
  5. why does google chrome access my camera,
  6. why would google chrome use my webcam,
  7. why is google using webcam,
  8. why did it say my chrome webcame was in use,
  9. why does it say chrome is using the webcam when checking gmail,
  10. google chrome is using the webcam,
  11. google chrome turned on my webcam,
  12. why is google chrome using the web camera,
  13. why would google chrome turn on web cam,
  14. why is google chrome using webcam,
  15. is chrome always accessing my camera?