Windows 10: Why would deleting files from one drive backup delete the local files? I am devastated, I...

Discus and support Why would deleting files from one drive backup delete the local files? I am devastated, I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All I was trying to do was backup a few files, however, one drive had other ideas. It kept getting in a sync loop, syncing all of the wrong files, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrankCahill1, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Why would deleting files from one drive backup delete the local files? I am devastated, I...

All I was trying to do was backup a few files, however, one drive had other ideas. It kept getting in a sync loop, syncing all of the wrong files, and it never asked me to specify what files. So, I tried to pause the sync and change what folders specifically synced, unfortunately this didn't work. So i decided to delete the files on the one drive website, but for some **** reason that deletes the local files? Why did I trust this god awful program, I am beyond **** devastated at this point. Do not use this program it is **** malware.

:)

FrankCahill1, Sep 24, 2020
  2. macbeth Win User

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Sep 24, 2020
  3. suraswami Win User
    Deleted file restore software.

The stupid backup software has 4 options. Full, Differential, Incremental and don't remember the other. The help said almost the same for Diff and Incre. The first time it runs it will anyway do a full backup. So I chose Diff. So it did a full backup. I confirmed the files are sitting on my server. Then when I removed the 160 drive, it thought the drive is no longer available or files are deleted at source so it deleted. Bad thing is I left the software running.

suraswami, Sep 24, 2020
  4. xman2007 Win User

Why would deleting files from one drive backup delete the local files? I am devastated, I...

Cannot delete files in Temp

im quite sure none of them are spyware perflib perfdata is just a temp file created by windows (or maybe a program you have installed) ive had the same thing and after a while of googling found them to be harmless i think they will dissapear on there own or you can delete them when there no longer needed by the system, try a washer program and see if that gets rid of them, i used to use a trial version of window washer but havent used this in a while so dont know weather they still do a trial or wether it comes with any kind of spyware as its a trial. but a washing program usually cleans everything if its a good one.

also try booting into safemode as administrator and deleting the files.

xman2007, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Why would deleting files from one drive backup delete the local files? I am devastated, I...

1. Why would deleting files from one drive backup delete the local files? I am devastated, I... - Similar Threads - Why deleting files

2. Deleted files in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted files in one drive: Hi, my files or folders deleted in one drive appear in my colleague's recycle garbage can and not in mine and I don't know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-in-one-drive/f712f003-fb18-4a5a-9243-ddecc1d19174
  3. Deleted files in one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted files in one drive: Hi, my files or folders deleted in one drive appear in my colleague's recycle garbage can and not in mine and I don't know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-in-one-drive/f712f003-fb18-4a5a-9243-ddecc1d19174
  4. One Drive Deleted Files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Deleted Files.: Microsoft deleted the files on my one drive. All 600 GB of thousands upon thousands of files.From the search menu inside the now 0KB empty one drive - the drop down search shows there is an index somewhere out there that still has some trace of the contents I used to have. I...
  5. One Drive Deleted Files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Deleted Files.: Microsoft deleted the files on my one drive. All 600 GB of thousands upon thousands of files.From the search menu inside the now 0KB empty one drive - the drop down search shows there is an index somewhere out there that still has some trace of the contents I used to have. I...
  6. One Drive Deleted Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. One drive deleting files

One drive deleting files: Lately everytime i boot up my laptop i get a message from one drive that files have been deleted from my laptop and sent to the one drive recycle bin. When I click on the link in the notification to go to the recycle bin it is empty. I have not been deleting anything. Also i...
  8. One Drive deleted files

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive deleted files: I accidently deleted my file explorer files into one drive, i went in to restore them however they stay put in the deleted folder of one drive please could some one help me Anita...
  9. One Drive - deletion of files

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive - deletion of files: I have just uploaded a lot of files to One Drive. I got the message that One Drive was full. As one of these files was quite large and I didn't really need it, I tried to delete it in File Manager. I'm getting a lot of red and white crosses and the error message 0x80070091:...
  10. One Drive keeps installing a file I deleted

One Drive keeps installing a file I deleted: So I deleted a file on my PC, One Drive Online and in the One Drive App. I have turned off the sync feature for the file and location in one drive as well. I even deleted it from the recycling bin in One drive Online. One drive syncs and installes the file I deleted. One...