Windows 10: Why would microsoft think it is good idea to take over a person's computer on start up?

Discus and support Why would microsoft think it is good idea to take over a person's computer on start up? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just wondering why Microsoft have considered it a great idea to remind the population that since we are running their software they, in fact, own the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vaughncarnaffan, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Why would microsoft think it is good idea to take over a person's computer on start up?

Just wondering why Microsoft have considered it a great idea to remind the population that since we are running their software they, in fact, own the very piece of hardware, and everything contained within, that you bought and thought you owned?

ie. strange logins changing each time you restart or wether you have thought you 'turned off' all updates and automatic restarts it happens anyway?

This appears to be under the pretext of 'security' ...

However simply reminds us, the ignorant masses, that Microsoft own and can at any time fundamentally 'hijack' that magic light box sitting in your home or office and everything that you may have 'saved' within it.

Just putting that out there, getting on a bit in years now and dealing with the issue of 'ownership' that definition seems to be changing daily.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

vaughncarnaffan, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to personalize tiles in Start menu Windows 10

Hi Slobodan,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Which is the build installed in your computer?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Are you facing this issue in Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

Go to Start and then
    Settings.

Click on Update and Recovery.

Check for updates under
    Windows Updates.

Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer the steps to know the latest build in your computer.

• Click on Start button and select Settings.
    • Click on System and select About.
    You may also refer the link suggested by Ramesh Srinivasan on February 20, 2016
    and follow the steps suggested.

Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

Do let us know if you are still unable to personalize start menu. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 12, 2020
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Why would microsoft think it is good idea to take over a person's computer on start up?

How to Get Started with a New Computer

You can't do any of this until you go through the initial login. After that the steps you listed are a good start though I use the builtin Windows Defender along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and Anti-exploit. #2 is key as far as I'm concerned. I backup every Friday using Macrium reflect Pro set for 1 full and 6 incremental.

Ztruker, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Why would microsoft think it is good idea to take over a person's computer on start up?

1. Why would microsoft think it is good idea to take over a person's computer on start up? - Similar Threads - Why microsoft idea

2. Who at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to lock out users of their own files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to lock out users of their own files?: What is backup good for if you cannot access it? Can you please fire the person who is responsible for this?I never implemented these rights, I was NEVER asked whether or not to lock those files and now I cannot undo it.It is absolutely ridiculous....
  3. Who at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to lock out users of their own files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who at Microsoft thought it would be a good idea to lock out users of their own files?: What is backup good for if you cannot access it? Can you please fire the person who is responsible for this?I never implemented these rights, I was NEVER asked whether or not to lock those files and now I cannot undo it.It is absolutely ridiculous....
  4. Why did the devs decide this was a good idea?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did the devs decide this was a good idea?: When I get notifications, windows alerts me, and dampens my sound, including calls and anything else I'm currently listening to, as if these alerts are literally the most important thing going on at any given time. I mean, the thinking behind this is silly. I understand a...
  5. Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?: I loathe OneDrive. As a gamer, a ton of my games use the My Documents folder for saves and mods. OneDrive keeps removing everything I need. I keep setting it to not launch when Windows starts, and I keep unlinking my pc, but it just turns back on, even without a pc restart,...
  6. Computer start up is taking ages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer start up is taking ages: Hi, My laptop is starting up really slowly, do you know how to fix this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-start-up-is-taking-ages/77a7ca30-4db8-4274-b625-2fbe1022ce6b
  7. Computer take over Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer take over Scam: Do NOT just uninstall ultraviewer.net. Restore to another date or you could try to uninstall the program in"safe mode". Restart computer and hit F8 till you get boot screen and boot to SAFE MODE. Owner of The Real McCoy Computer Service INC. Delaware. Next time don't be...
  8. How to explain why it isn't a good idea to shut down a computer using

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to explain why it isn't a good idea to shut down a computer using: I don't think it's a good idea to shut down a computer using the on/off button unless it's a situation of last resort. However I've seen so many of the people I help do that. I'd like to find a simple explanation about that w/o getting too technical about it. For a...
  9. SSD - Fast Start Up - Is it a good idea?

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD - Fast Start Up - Is it a good idea?: I must admit I don't know much about SSD drives. My current desktop (500 gb Samsung Evo) is the first time I've ever had one. So I worry about how quick they can wear out and of course fast start up is a feature switched on by default by MS. So is it a bad idea to have fast...
  10. Do you think Ms Reads these Forums -- would be a good idea

in Windows 10 Support
    Do you think Ms Reads these Forums -- would be a good idea: Hi there I wonder if Ms reads these forums at all - it surely would be a good idea since on the whole people are fairly knowlegeable and do some quite rigorous testing. I'm sure Ms would get better feedback from the Forums than going through NINE QUADRILLION replies via...