Windows 10: Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

Discus and support Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JCServices, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to, & replaced them w/ just 1 Icon, in my case the Firefox icon, so now when I look at my desktop all URL Shorcuts now look exactly the same & I can't tell which is which. Not only that, but now, it replaced all of their names to "name.URL" since it knew what it was doing, & when you now create a new shortcu

:)

JCServices, Sep 21, 2022

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Desktop shortcuts

Shortcuts can "live" in two places:

• In your own profile folder (C:\Users\Luke\Desktop). They are visible to you only.
    • In the public profile folder (C:\Users\Public\Desktop). They are visible to all users.
    You should now know why the deleted shortcut disappeared from both desktops.

Deleting a shortcut does NOT delete the file or folder it refers to. I recommend you run some tests to confirm this.

Frederik Long, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Rule-R Win User

Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

1. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &... - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft Update

2. Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  3. Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  4. Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-22 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-22 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-22 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  6. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-22 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-22 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-22 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  7. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-22 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

8. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  9. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  10. Why Latest Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Removed All Personalized URL Shorcut Icons &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Latest Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Removed All Personalized URL Shorcut Icons &...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...