Windows 10: Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...

Discus and support Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JCServices, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...

My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to, or action to perform, & replaced them w/ just 1 Icon, in my case the Firefox icon, so now when I look at my desktop, all URL Shorcuts look exactly the same, & I can't tell which is which. Not only that, but it replaced all of their names to "name.URL" since it knew what it was doing, & when you now creat

:)

JCServices, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    URL change

No, I can't. I have just followed the steps you described and the URL did not change. Win10 Pro, 1809, Firefox.

I suggest you try deleting that bad shortcut and creating a new shortcut directly on the Desktop.

4. Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...

Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From... 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From... 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...

1. Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From... - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft Update

2. Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  3. Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Would Microsoft Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  4. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-22 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-22 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-22 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  5. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-22 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-22 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-22 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  6. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-22 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

7. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  8. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...
  9. Why Would Microsoft Update 2022-09-21 Delete My Desktop Shortcuts To URLs From My Desktop &...

10. Why Latest Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Removed All Personalized URL Shorcut Icons &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Latest Windows 10 Update 2022-09-21 Removed All Personalized URL Shorcut Icons &...: My Latest Windows 10 Update as of 2022-09-21 removed all of my personalized URL Shorcut Icons, which I manually personalized w/ my own icons, from either Windows DLL files, or my own downloaded icons, & such that by looking at it you knew exactly which site you were going to,...