Windows 10: Why would my PC be configuring "comfort optical mouse"?

Discus and support Why would my PC be configuring "comfort optical mouse"? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm always paranoid with my PC being slave to some distant user or somehow compromised, despite my being most careful clicking on links. Anyhow, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertGrégoire, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Why would my PC be configuring "comfort optical mouse"?

I'm always paranoid with my PC being slave to some distant user or somehow compromised, despite my being most careful clicking on links.

Anyhow, my PC is being real slow these days and today, turning on the system from Sleep Mode, I read this funny message: "We're now configuring comfort optical mouse". Now, I've had my old-wired mouse for eons, so this seems suspicious to me: I certainly didn't install any new material lately.

Should I worry about this and is there any way of verifying the integrity of my system? Otherwise, it's pretty normal I have to say.

Thank you,

RG

:)

RobertGrégoire, Sep 22, 2018

2. Microsoft Optical Mouse 3000 not working right with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

The issue you are facing could be due to the mouse is not compatible with Windows 10. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps.
    I suggest you to go to the below link, download Windows 8 driver and try installing it in compatibility mode and check.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/comfort-optical-mouse-3000

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you further.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 22, 2018
  3. gwalks Win User
    Microsoft Optical Mouse 3000 not working right with Windows 10

Adjustment of the mouse settings in Windows 10 does not seem to affect my mouse (Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000). I thought maybe I need a new driver, but Microsoft does not seem to support this mouse under their new operating system (Windows 10) (it
    is not listed in the drop down menu at https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/comfort-optical-mouse-3000 ).

Do I need to get a new mouse?

gwalks, Sep 22, 2018
  4. JoyceLG Win User

Why would my PC be configuring "comfort optical mouse"?

Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 right button does not function.

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 ,the right button on my Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 does not function. How do I resolve this?

JoyceLG, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Why would my PC be configuring "comfort optical mouse"?

1. Why would my PC be configuring "comfort optical mouse"? - Similar Threads - Why configuring comfort

2. Why does my mouse configuration transfer to my other pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse configuration transfer to my other pc?: Two window 10 pc. One has a mouse primary button set to right. The other pc mouse set to left. Why are they changing back? I'll reset one pcs mouse and the setting transfers to the other. W THE F!...
  3. Why does my mouse configuration transfer to my other pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my mouse configuration transfer to my other pc?: Two window 10 pc. One has a mouse primary button set to right. The other pc mouse set to left. Why are they changing back? I'll reset one pcs mouse and the setting transfers to the other. W THE F!...
  4. Why does my mouse configuration transfer to my other pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Comfort Optical Mouse 3000-how to enable side button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comfort Optical Mouse 3000-how to enable side button?: In Windows 10 in Mouse Properties under Buttons tab there is an option to swap left and right button but there is not mention about side button at all.I would like to assign magnifying lens to it the same I had it in Windows 7 before.How to do that?Thanks,/jas...
  6. Comfort Optical Mouse 3000-how to enable side button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Comfort Optical Mouse 3000-how to enable side button?: In Windows 10 in Mouse Properties under Buttons tab there is an option to swap left and right button but there is not mention about side button at all.I would like to assign magnifying lens to it the same I had it in Windows 7 before.How to do that?Thanks,/jas...
  7. Comfort Optical Mouse 3000-how to enable side button?

8. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center - Comfort Optical Mouse 3000

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center - Comfort Optical Mouse 3000: I've downloaded installed, uninstalled Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center 13.222.137.0 at least a dozen times or more. This software detects my Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, but not so using my Comfort Optical Mouse 3000. The software suggests the Optical Mouse 3000 is...
  9. Bluetooth optical mouse

Bluetooth optical mouse: How can I change to have the words 'allow a device to connect' not to greyed out so that I connect an optical mouse via blue tooth? Moved from: Microsoft Education /Windows 10/Install, upgrade, & activate...
  10. optical drive and mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    optical drive and mouse: Windows 10 has many problems. Fisrt of all when I downloaded it on the first day that it came out, there were sooo many problems. It did not work with this and that. Then about 3 weeks ago my MS office expired. How is this possible? I own the original discs. (Do not upgrade)...