Windows 10: Why would the computer not check for updates if the internet suddenly stops working?

Discus and support Why would the computer not check for updates if the internet suddenly stops working? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I turned it on an hour ago the internet suddenly stopped working. And now it doesn't want to automatically check for updates anymore. Would I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ctilvolover23, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Why would the computer not check for updates if the internet suddenly stops working?

When I turned it on an hour ago the internet suddenly stopped working. And now it doesn't want to automatically check for updates anymore. Would I have to wait till tomorrow for it to check for them again, or will it do it later on today?

It usually checks for them when I turn the computer on.

submitted by /u/ctilvolover23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ctilvolover23, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Internet Explorer has suddenly stopped working

Hi June,

There are several possible reasons why your Internet Explorer suddenly stops working on your Windows 10 computer. It can be because of another program causing conflicts with Internet Explorer or some system files are corrupted.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? Can you send a screenshot?

For steps to help resolve the issue with Internet Explorer, you can check the article on this

link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Why would the computer not check for updates if the internet suddenly stops working?

Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Why would the computer not check for updates if the internet suddenly stops working?

1. Why would the computer not check for updates if the internet suddenly stops working? - Similar Threads - Why computer check

2. Why did my Bluetooth suddenly stop working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my Bluetooth suddenly stop working?: I've been trying to connect my Beats headphones to computer to my computer for hours now. I had reset my computer a while before. I've had no problems with connecting at first after the reset it was working fine just an hour my problem started, no stuttering no audio cuts or...
  3. Why did my laptop's internet connection stopped working suddenly, but it still works on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my laptop's internet connection stopped working suddenly, but it still works on my...: I was using my laptop like I usually do when my laptop's internet connection stopped working, I tried everything I could find online but nothing worked....
  4. Why did my laptop's internet connection stopped working suddenly, but it still works on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my laptop's internet connection stopped working suddenly, but it still works on my...: I was using my laptop like I usually do when my laptop's internet connection stopped working, I tried everything I could find online but nothing worked....
  5. Why did my laptop's internet connection stopped working suddenly, but it still works on my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Computer WiFi suddenly stopped working

Computer WiFi suddenly stopped working: Hi one day my computer’s WiFi stopped working. At first when I went into device manager there was a yellow error sign next to the Intel Wireless AC 9560 160mhz adapter. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it and reset the computer, but after a few of those tries it vanished...
  7. Why would the WIFI on one of our computers suddenly go slow?

Why would the WIFI on one of our computers suddenly go slow?: We have 3 computers in the house - all windows 10. One of them has on occasion dragged to a halt for speed. I run speed test and get 1-2 instead of 30-40. The strangest thing is, support assist doesn't find anything to update or tune. Restarting doesn't fix it, but after a...
  8. Computer Suddenly stops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Suddenly stops: White working, the computer suddenly stops. Is there a fix for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-suddenly-stops/c7edfcc8-92b7-40e9-8b8f-b1817f90bbc2
  9. Internet suddenly stop working for computer only after upgrade to Windows 10

Internet suddenly stop working for computer only after upgrade to Windows 10: Ever since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 the connection to the internet from my laptop has been shakey. Every so often I will randomly lose connection to the internet (A yellow triangle with a ! appears over the wifi symbol), but this does not affect other devices...
  10. Internet suddenly stopped working

Internet suddenly stopped working: So my router crashed earlier, but after it was restarted every device but my computer was able to reconnect, however my pc decided no, it wasn't going to work, it says that the ethernet connection is an "unidentified network". I've tried reinstalling drivers but I get nowhere...