Windows 10: Why would Windows 10 require daily restart for normal internet speeds?

Discus and support Why would Windows 10 require daily restart for normal internet speeds? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Background Running a clean install of Windows 10 on a 2013 Retina Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. Wireless network card: Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cognociente, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Why would Windows 10 require daily restart for normal internet speeds?

Background

Running a clean install of Windows 10 on a 2013 Retina Macbook Pro via Bootcamp.
    Wireless network card: Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter

Problem

As the day wears on my internet connection (ONLY via my win 10 laptop) gets slower and slower until I simply have to restart the win 10 OS to restore "normal" internet speeds.
    Own Troubleshooting

It is NOT my local network because all the (many) other devices are fine. It seems to occur irrespective of which browser I use (Edge or Chrome) Problem relates to wireless network and not ethernet - if I plug in an ethernet cable (without restart) speed is fine again. My wireless card driver says it is up to date
    What should I do?

:)

cognociente, Aug 26, 2015

2. Don't have "Restart Now" button after Windows Update to Fall Creator 1709

Hi Jomel,

I tried to find related posts on internet but it seems that Restart options and active hours might not related to points that you advised. Actually, I'm curious why restart options greyed out in Restart option but it seems this is normal and we can choose
    when update require restart...

I'm not sure how to check two policies that you mentioned. Would you pls. advise.

Ponlawat Ukrit, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 30%

I have tried to upgrade to Windows 10 a couple of times; but after an entire day, it was only up to 30% complete. Is this normal?

I have high speed internet but with Satellite not cable. Perhaps this is the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Microsoft

prompts me to upgrade almost daily.

JoanneLeslie, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Why would Windows 10 require daily restart for normal internet speeds?

1. Why would Windows 10 require daily restart for normal internet speeds? - Similar Threads - Why require daily

2. Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal: So I have this problem where my internet speed is not reciprocated on my HP laptop. I normally fix this by using HP Assistant where it would reset my network adapters and I would gain my normal mbps 120 but recently HP assistant is not fixing my issues and I’m stuck with an...
  3. Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal: So I have this problem where my internet speed is not reciprocated on my HP laptop. I normally fix this by using HP Assistant where it would reset my network adapters and I would gain my normal mbps 120 but recently HP assistant is not fixing my issues and I’m stuck with an...
  4. Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Explorer in Windows 10 stops working - requires daily restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer in Windows 10 stops working - requires daily restarts.: I have to restart Windows Explorer in Windows 10 at least a couple of times a day in order to launch Microsoft 360 apps such as Excel. I do this via Task Manager/User/Windows Explorer/Restart. It is annoying problem. Any solution?...
  6. Computer slowly degrades over time and requires daily restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slowly degrades over time and requires daily restart: I am out of troubleshooting ideas and am asking for help. My computer has suffered slow degradation throughout each day; requiring a system reboot to restore to normal operating condition. Although, it works great running at high performance for several hours after reboot....
  7. Windows 10 internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 internet speed: Hi, I'm curious as to why my internet speed on my computer via ethernet cable is slower then my wifi connection on my phone. I've heard rumours of windows 10 taking up bandwith etc, wasnt sure wether this was the reason and if anyone else has the same problem. Wifi speedtest...
  8. Daily restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily restart: Morning everyone, I have a desktop machine that is rebooting very often, almost daily but not quite. I was wondering if this was maybe a RAM issue, so I did a RAM diagnostics which manage to complete 4 passes, no errors. After 40 hours I decided to start testing other items....
  9. Are these drive speeds normal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are these drive speeds normal?: My D: drive is 50% full with read speed - 70 and write - 60. A few weeks ago it was 80/80. C: drive is 13% full with read - 90 and write 80 Is it normal? Should I get a new one? Cristaldiskinfo says it's health is good with 19500 power on hours. See my specs to see the...
  10. Internet connection very slow, speed normal.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection very slow, speed normal.: Running version 11099 6a bit Pro Firefox Avast premium Router Asus AC1900 Please note system specs are for another computer. Firefox is running at it's normal speed but when I try to connect to ANY website it seems to take forever to connect. My wife's laptop...