Windows 10: Why would Windows 11 update despite me having updates paused, and can it wait until I'm not...

Discus and support Why would Windows 11 update despite me having updates paused, and can it wait until I'm not... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think it is seriously ridiculous that, mid-game session, on my best run yet, I randomly got a security update. I had paused my updates prior; they're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fuckyoumicrosoft_oct32022, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Why would Windows 11 update despite me having updates paused, and can it wait until I'm not...

I think it is seriously ridiculous that, mid-game session, on my best run yet, I randomly got a security update. I had paused my updates prior; they're not supposed to come on for another month. Why the absolute profanity would it update anyways? I hate this entire operating system, it is ridiculous, and it is VERY STUPID. Like, are you kidding me? I think Microsoft is run by tools and fools.PLEASE INCLUDE ALL UPDATES UNDER THE PAUSE, OR I'M GOING TO BREAK MY MONITOR.Thank you.

:)

fuckyoumicrosoft_oct32022, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Peepsie2 Win User

I have paused the Windows 11 upgrade

I don't remember saying it was okay to upgrade but Windows upgraded my Windows 10 (Winver 20H2 OS Build 19042.1415) to Windows 11. I was immediately unhappy with it especially because it would not allow me to open Google. I removed the updates and restored back to Windows 10. I then paused the updates but Windows 11 re-installed and is now sitting there waiting for the pause to be over.

I do want the necessary Windows 10 updates but I do not want the Windows 11 upgrade to be installed. How do I stop that from happening. I am not that computer savvy so I hope you can suggest something in simple language for me.

Thank you,

Lillian

Peepsie2, Oct 3, 2022
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 3, 2022
  4. Why would Windows 11 update despite me having updates paused, and can it wait until I'm not...

Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Why would Windows 11 update despite me having updates paused, and can it wait until I'm not...

1. Why would Windows 11 update despite me having updates paused, and can it wait until I'm not... - Similar Threads - Why update despite

2. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?: I absolutely HATE Windows 10 and your hijacking of my computer whenever you decide I need updates. I bought a gaming rig to game and despite following every instruction to keep it from running while I'm actually using the computer, so very nice of you to give me a few hour...
  3. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?: I absolutely HATE Windows 10 and your hijacking of my computer whenever you decide I need updates. I bought a gaming rig to game and despite following every instruction to keep it from running while I'm actually using the computer, so very nice of you to give me a few hour...
  4. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. window 11 update paused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 update paused: my window 11 update was paused and update was not continue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-update-paused/a8f8a548-f3b2-4909-80a5-be01131b6c1d
  6. Pause updating to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pause updating to windows 11: Hi,My PC has just recently upgrade to windows 11 automatically. However, since the network quality in my place is not so good, it seems to take days to complete. Since I am used to windows 10 version, is there any way to pause the upgrading process? Or else, can I go back to...
  7. Why would Windows 11 update despite me having updates paused, and can it wait until I'm not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would Windows 11 update despite me having updates paused, and can it wait until I'm not...: I think it is seriously ridiculous that, mid-game session, on my best run yet, I randomly got a security update. I had paused my updates prior; they're not supposed to come on for another month. Why the absolute profanity would it update anyways? I hate this entire operating...
  8. Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause: So if I have Windows Update paused and Defender is part of Windows why is Defender updating IF updates are paused?Pretty damn angry on this one. My monitor was switched off powered on and I came home to a dead monitor.No power. Cannot turn on. Dead like disco.I am now...
  9. Why is Update running despite being paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Update running despite being paused?: Hi. I've been coping with this for two years, and I've finally had enough of it. Why is Windows updating for over half an hour, taking 100% of my HDD and preventing me from doing anything even Event Viewer crashed the first time I opened it, even though updates are paused...
  10. Why do I have to wait for updates??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I have to wait for updates??: So im in Windows 10 and i see a button. "Update and shutown". I click this deceptive button. I turn the computer on.... Guess what? It must spend the last of my battery installing update. Thanks . So it's really "shutdown, THEN update" does Microsoft have trouble with...