Windows 10: Why X lines appear when booting from a Bootable Installation Media?

Discus and support Why X lines appear when booting from a Bootable Installation Media? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why X lines appear at the bottom when booting from a bootable installation media?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SIDHARTHCHATTERJEE, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Why X lines appear when booting from a Bootable Installation Media?

Why X lines appear at the bottom when booting from a bootable installation media?

:)

SIDHARTHCHATTERJEE, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Installation media boots to command prompt

I do not believe its a keyboard malfunction because same thing happens with usb keyboard. Is that what you mean by external? I tried installing using an external optical drive also but get the same results.

I created a windows 10 x64 installer via microsoft media creation tool. I have used 2 different drives that i know be in working order. I also created a dvd installer via media creation tool as well..
    When i boot to the DVD i see the circles. i didnt notice windows logo but above the circles had the HP logo. before that i get the boot to cd/dvd option.

When installing via the usb installer since i have both x32 and x64 on it i choose the x64 option and then i see the spinning circles but boots to command prompt after that. i dont see anything before that.

I know all my installers are good. I even tried to boot to an official windows 8.1 disc and the same thing happens..

I have reset bios to default. I made sure the secure boot is turned on. I guess i could try turning it off to allow legacy but i know for a fact i do not need to do that with these installers. but i could try. any other thoughts?

carlos28355, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

Why X lines appear when booting from a Bootable Installation Media?

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Why X lines appear when booting from a Bootable Installation Media?

1. Why X lines appear when booting from a Bootable Installation Media? - Similar Threads - Why lines appear

2. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely: I am trying to download a Installation Bootable Media using the Media Creation tool on my USB flash drive, however every time I try it never downloads completely. I have used two different 8gb USB flash drives and a 16gb USB flash drive. Whenever I use the two different 8gb...
  3. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely: I am trying to download a Installation Bootable Media using the Media Creation tool on my USB flash drive, however every time I try it never downloads completely. I have used two different 8gb USB flash drives and a 16gb USB flash drive. Whenever I use the two different 8gb...
  4. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blinking white lines on screen when installing from boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blinking white lines on screen when installing from boot: Hi! As the subject says, I am installing a fresh Windows 10 from boot and experiencing some odd blinking white lines across the horizontal center of the screen. It's frozen there and doesnt move into the installation at all. How can I fix this? Or at least get more...
  6. Blinking white lines when installing from boot

Blinking white lines when installing from boot: Hi! As the subject says, I am installing a fresh Windows 10 from boot and experiencing some odd blinking white lines across the horizontal center of the screen pics below. It's frozen there and doesnt move into the installation at all. How can I fix this? Or at least get...
  7. Broken horizontal lines when booting from Windows 10 USB boot media

Broken horizontal lines when booting from Windows 10 USB boot media: Hi There are broken horizontal lines when booting from Windows 10 USB boot media. I'm assuming this is an anomaly. Will this weirdness effect the installation on Windows? If so, what should I do about it? I already tried recreating the USB installation media and the same...
  8. Booting from bootable media - error 'This device is not ready'

Booting from bootable media - error 'This device is not ready': Hello, Im having trouble with my laptop. I was tryin to factory reset my laptop to sell it but while it was rebooting the battery fell out. I've been trying to reinstall windows 10 back on to the laptop via usb but I keep getting a message saying "this device is not...
  9. Bootable Media

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bootable Media: Hello, I am attempting to create bootable media from a USB Thumbdrive, and using the windows 7 USB/DVD tool in order to boot from the device., when its at 100%, it says files copied successfully, but unable to run bootsect, to make the drive bootable. how would I go about...
  10. Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media: Recently my PC crashed and I’ve been unable to reboot it despite my efforts. I created bootable installation media and haven’t had any luck in booting my PC, even after using most methods advised by the following website: How to fix Automatic Repair couldnt repair your PC -...