Windows 10: Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

Discus and support Why You Should Overclock Your RAM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why You Should Overclock Your RAM (It’s Easy!) I did not know that you could do this. Does anyone here routinely do this with their hardware? 140619 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

phaedruspress, Sep 15, 2019

2. RAM Overclocking

Hi,

Information about DRAM frequency and Voltage, and overclock RAM can be done in the BIOS of the computer. You need to contact the manufacturer of your computer to be able to get the information you need about DRAM frequency, voltage, and overclocking.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Sep 15, 2019
  3. RAM Overclocking

How do determine the DRAM frequency and Voltage ? and also how to know the appropriate requirement for a RAM to overclock ?

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Games

SalehMuhid, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

1. Why You Should Overclock Your RAM - Similar Threads - Why Should Overclock

2. To overclock or not to overclock, that is the question...

in Windows 10 Support
    To overclock or not to overclock, that is the question...: Hello all, I have recently bought a gaming desktop pc 2nd hand, I have had laptops in the past and came to the conclusion that desktop is the way to go if I want to game. Specs are below; EVGA Hadron Air Mini-ITX I5 4690k 3.50GHz 16gb DDR3 666MHz ASUSTeK Z971-PLUS NVIDIA...
  3. Why should you use Windows 10 with SSD?

in Windows 10 News
    Why should you use Windows 10 with SSD?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When Microsoft rolled out the free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1/8 consumers, many were still using mechanical HDD. This trend continues. While Windows 10 works just fine on those mechanical drives, the performance when used with SSD is [...] This...
  4. Would a ram with higher MHz bus than motherboard's overclock better ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Would a ram with higher MHz bus than motherboard's overclock better ?: Ok so I was considering a ram upgrade to 16 GBs Kingston HyperX in a laptop of 1600 MHz bus . Kingston have a selection of three bus rams I can buy : 1600 , 1866 , 2133 . The only problem is return policy as I am going to buy them on a trip and will be back home by return due...
  5. OverClocking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OverClocking: What is meant by overclocking and what does it do? 118400
  6. your updates are bad and you should feel bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    your updates are bad and you should feel bad: hi, i just wanted to put it out there that i had my computer on sleep and went to do something for a bit while i had photoshop and an unsaved file open. then my garbage, terrible os started updating. i woke it from sleep, and it was on my lock screen except it wouldn't let me...
  7. You should change your Twitter password due to bug

in Windows 10 News
    You should change your Twitter password due to bug: When you set a password for your Twitter account, we use technology that masks it so no one at the company can see it. We recently identified a bug that stored passwords unmasked in an internal log. We have fixed the bug, and our investigation shows no indication of breach or...
  8. Why you should now use an MS Account if you upgraded to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why you should now use an MS Account if you upgraded to Windows 10: To date, I usually used a local login account to login to Windows 10. However, with the new activation trouble shooter, you can now transfer a digital licence to a new device. This new method is only in the Insider versions but will be available to all users in the...
  9. Your router isn't as fast as you think it is. Here's why

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your router isn't as fast as you think it is. Here's why: Let's cut to the chase: Wired network connections will always be faster, more secure and more reliable than wireless. For your tablet and phone, your streaming stick and even many newer printers, you will have to use Wi-Fi. But that's when you may find yourself poking...
  10. Microsoft Shows Why You Should Love Windows as a Service

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Shows Why You Should Love Windows as a Service: With Windows 10, Microsoft is changing the traditional Windows model and goes towards Windows as a Service, which is a new concept that would bring users updates at a faster pace, when they are ready. In a slide presented by Microsoft and spotted by DigitalTrends,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why you should overclock your ram