Windows 10: Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

Discus and support Why You Should Overclock Your RAM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why You Should Overclock Your RAM (It’s Easy!) I did not know that you could do this. Does anyone here routinely do this with their hardware? 140619 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

phaedruspress, Sep 15, 2019

2. RAM Overclocking

Hi,

Information about DRAM frequency and Voltage, and overclock RAM can be done in the BIOS of the computer. You need to contact the manufacturer of your computer to be able to get the information you need about DRAM frequency, voltage, and overclocking.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Sep 15, 2019
  3. RAM Overclocking

How do determine the DRAM frequency and Voltage ? and also how to know the appropriate requirement for a RAM to overclock ?

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Games

SalehMuhid, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

1. Why You Should Overclock Your RAM - Similar Threads - Why Should Overclock

2. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  3. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  4. why you should become a pilot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why you should become a pilot?: 1. Communication in EnglishCommunication is possibly the most important part of the flight. If you can't communicate efficiently while flying, you could be in serious trouble. A pilot who can communicate with the control tower and other pilots will have fewer problems flying....
  5. why you should become a pilot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why you should become a pilot?: 1. Communication in EnglishCommunication is possibly the most important part of the flight. If you can't communicate efficiently while flying, you could be in serious trouble. A pilot who can communicate with the control tower and other pilots will have fewer problems flying....
  6. Why you should NOT use custom themes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why you should NOT use custom themes: So I was trying to make Windows 10 look like Vista fair enough. I found a theme made by some dude on DeviantArt can't remember his name for the life of me who made some cool Vista themes. I tried them but then I realized I didn't patch the UX dlls you see where this is going...
  7. Upgrading Ram - No beep - Overclocking needed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Ram - No beep - Overclocking needed?: Hey all! So basically I bought some new ram because I was having issues with my old ones. I bought 3 of the KVR16N11/4 and put them in the channels A1, B1 and C1. When I turned on my pc I got no beeps. I'm positive the ram is compatible, I did a lot of prior research, the...
  8. ntoskrnl.exe error - perhaps maybe overclocked ram?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe error - perhaps maybe overclocked ram?: Hi people, Ive been getting these BSOD lately, but cant exactly remember the error message, its possible its been different every time though. Anyways, logs attached if someone kindly has the time to go through them. :) ive also reset the overclocked ram from 3600mhz to...
  9. MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD When Overclocking RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD When Overclocking RAM: I recently built a new PC and enabling XMP to clock my RAM to 3200mhz and after a little while of use I got a BSOD with the stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. It then brought me to the 'Recovery, Your PC/Device needs to be repaired' screen where I was given the options to press...
  10. To overclock or not to overclock, that is the question...

in Windows 10 Support
    To overclock or not to overclock, that is the question...: Hello all, I have recently bought a gaming desktop pc 2nd hand, I have had laptops in the past and came to the conclusion that desktop is the way to go if I want to game. Specs are below; EVGA Hadron Air Mini-ITX I5 4690k 3.50GHz 16gb DDR3 666MHz ASUSTeK Z971-PLUS NVIDIA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why you should overclock your ram