Windows 10: WhyNotWin11 update readies the program for Windows 11 version 22H2

Discus and support WhyNotWin11 update readies the program for Windows 11 version 22H2 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; WhyNotWin11 is a third-party program that enables you to find out if your Windows device is compatible with Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 30, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

WhyNotWin11 update readies the program for Windows 11 version 22H2

WhyNotWin11 is a third-party program that enables you to find out if your Windows device is compatible with Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. The latest version includes updated processor lists that ready it for Windows 10 version 22H2.

WhyNotWin11 update readies the program for Windows 11 version 22H2 windows-11-search-widget-left-taskbar.png

Before Microsoft released its Windows 11 operating system, it announced that it made several changes to the operating system's requirements. The company released its own tool, PC Health Check, so that users could check whether their devices could run the new operating system. Microsoft pulled the program shortly after release, and third-party programs were created to fill the gap.

While PC Health Check is available again, it is not the best tool when it comes to compatibility checks.

Tip: you may check a Registry key to find out if your Windows PC is compatible with Windows 11 version 22H2.

WhyNotWin11 is an open source program that checks all system requirements of Windows 11 to return whether the device is compatible with the operating system.

Usage could not be simpler: download the program from the project's GitHub website and run it. The program runs the checks and returns its findings to you in a matter of seconds. The new version does not display a warning anymore if run on Windows 11, as users may want to check if their device is compatible with the next feature update.

While that should be a given, as Microsoft has not announced any changes to the system requirements, some may want to run tests anyway. Doing so may also be interesting to users who bypassed system requirement checks initially, but replaced some hardware in the meantime.

WhyNotWin11 update readies the program for Windows 11 version 22H2 whynotwin11-windows-11-22h2.png

The device is compatible if all checks are passed; this is indicated by the color green. While it is possible to bypass some system requirement checks during installation of Windows 11, doing so may lead to issues later on, including the blocking of future updates.

Note: Windows may throw a SmartScreen error when you run the application; this does not mean that the program is malicious, only that it is new and unknown to SmartScreen.

Hover over the "i"-icon in the interface next to a test to find out more about it. You find a couple of useful resource links in the Settings, e.g., on enabling TPM or Secure Boot, as these may be disabled by default on some devices.

WhyNotWin11 is a useful tool, especially for users who run older versions of Windows, as it provides direct compatibility information.

Now You: are your devices compatible with Windows 11? (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post WhyNotWin11 update readies the program for Windows 11 version 22H2 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Preview of Windows 11 version 22H2 now available

Read more: Preview of Windows 11 version 22H2 now available | Windows 11 Forum

Brink, Jun 30, 2022
  3. NMI
    NMI Win User
  4. WhyNotWin11 update readies the program for Windows 11 version 22H2

When is Windows 11 22H2?

Hello,

I was bored windows 11 is not getting any big or feature updates, there have not many features yet.

Is Windows 11's 22H2 Version released? Or, when will it release?

I was just asking, so I can be happy as soon as 22H2 releases.

Thanks,

Aasheesh Agarwal

AasheeshAgarwal1, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

WhyNotWin11 update readies the program for Windows 11 version 22H2

1. WhyNotWin11 update readies the program for Windows 11 version 22H2 - Similar Threads - WhyNotWin11 update readies

2. Unable to update to Windows 11 version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update to Windows 11 version 22H2: I recently got a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Pro version 21H2. After some setups and driver installations, the official Windows Update prompted me to update to version 22H2. Downloading and installing the update takes forever, but when it's done, the update failed...
  3. update windows 11 to 22H2 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update windows 11 to 22H2 version: hi after i upgrade my windows 11 to 22H2 version, the old files are still there in a file named "Old Windows" and they are taking up space, what should I do? can i delete it...
  4. update windows 11 to 22H2 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update windows 11 to 22H2 version: hi after i upgrade my windows 11 to 22H2 version, the old files are still there in a file named "Old Windows" and they are taking up space, what should I do? can i delete it...
  5. Windows 10 version 22H2 is ready for broad deployment

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 22H2 is ready for broad deployment: Windows 10 version 22H2, which Microsoft released just last month, has already been designated for broad deployment by the company. The latest feature update for Windows 10 was released on October 18, 2022 to the public. [ATTACH] The fact that Microsoft did not reveal the...
  6. Windows 11 Version 22H2 Update fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Version 22H2 Update fails: Hi,I've been trying to install windows 11 version 22H2, however, it continuously fails. Before it was giving a different error, but after running the update troubleshooter, the error I am consistently getting is 0x800700b7. What I've Tried:Windows update troubleshooterDISM...
  7. Update Windows 11 Version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows 11 Version 22H2: I downloaded this update but when it was being installed I got a message saying my PC has a service that isn't ready for this version of Windows a new version is available. The service was cFosSpeed Driver. I was informed that a new version was available. I have never heard...
  8. Update Windows 11 Version 22H2

Update Windows 11 Version 22H2: I downloaded this update but when it was being installed I got a message saying my PC has a service that isn't ready for this version of Windows a new version is available. The service was cFosSpeed Driver. I was informed that a new version was available. I have never heard...
  9. Windows 11 version 22H2 update failute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 version 22H2 update failute: We are getting an update failure for update 22H2. The update error is 0x8007001. Since this appears to be a quite generic error, we have gone through the normal reconnmentations check drivers, reset network, etc. No joy.We have executed the windows update trouble shooter, and...
  10. Windows 11 version 22H2 update failute

Windows 11 version 22H2 update failute: We are getting an update failure for update 22H2. The update error is 0x8007001. Since this appears to be a quite generic error, we have gone through the normal reconnmentations check drivers, reset network, etc. No joy.We have executed the windows update trouble shooter, and...