Windows 10: Wi 10 Defender is off, and greyed out. Command Line does not work...

Discus and support Wi 10 Defender is off, and greyed out. Command Line does not work... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings: The next issue in Win 10 20H2 Build 19042.804 (The Problematic Version): Out of the blue, today my system booted up with Defender TOTALLY... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Xogroroth, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Xogroroth Win User

Wi 10 Defender is off, and greyed out. Command Line does not work...

Greetings:

The next issue in Win 10 20H2 Build 19042.804 (The Problematic Version):
    Out of the blue, today my system booted up with Defender TOTALLY turned off, and the "Force Turn On" command line in elevated CMD ... did nothing after reboot.

There's no third party AV or other, it worked "fine" (see other posts about Defender by me) yesterday.

I wanted to install (actually i DID) PDF reader, I expected the normal crap (program blocked despite signed, program blocked from writing, program not allowed to use folder this and that, ..., the usual issues I get, and are not addressed by MS)...

... no... NOITHING of the sorts.

Alarm bell.

Check Defen... AH CRAP.
    All turned off, greyed out, no way to get it up again.

"Perform a restore", "Do a clean boot" and other ideas that would undo ALL up to the part that i have a base Windows intallation.

Now, if you understood the hell I've been through in the past month, almost now 2 months... I refuse to go through this all again.

I cannot enter Safe Mode for one, as, for whatever reason that Windows now does this, it totally fails to find my old keyboard: a LogitechK120, of of the MOST base keyboards out there.
    Not even when I replug it into another USB.

In short:
    I am looking for a FORCED activate command that does not undo all I've been through.

If I have to re-install Windows again, I will go homicidal...

I hope anyone can help me with my issue...

Thank you.
    Xog.

:)

Xogroroth, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Wi 10 Defender is off, and greyed out. Command Line does not work... :)

Naki, Mar 4, 2021
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Wi 10 Defender is off, and greyed out. Command Line does not work...

Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Wi 10 Defender is off, and greyed out. Command Line does not work...

1. Wi 10 Defender is off, and greyed out. Command Line does not work... - Similar Threads - Defender off greyed

2. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender off-line does not start: I have a new system build desktop the old one had it's Gigabyte m/b and SSD fail due to cell death causing a rash of BSOD errors, primarily due {I think} to whole of PC + off line scans, 2.8million files, weekly for 2+years with a new ASUS motherboard, new intel corei3 12100...
  3. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender off-line does not start: I have a new system build desktop the old one had it's Gigabyte m/b and SSD fail due to cell death causing a rash of BSOD errors, primarily due {I think} to whole of PC + off line scans, 2.8million files, weekly for 2+years with a new ASUS motherboard, new intel corei3 12100...
  4. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work: I am using W'10, Administrative Windows Power Shell, command line.When I do a "DIR" it works, but when I add parameters, I get this error message:-----------------PS C:\> dir /sdir : Cannot find path 'C:\s' because it does not exist.At line:1 char:1+ dir /s+ ~~~~~~ +...
  6. Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work: I am using W'10, Administrative Windows Power Shell, command line.When I do a "DIR" it works, but when I add parameters, I get this error message:-----------------PS C:\> dir /sdir : Cannot find path 'C:\s' because it does not exist.At line:1 char:1+ dir /s+ ~~~~~~ +...
  7. Windows Defender Off-Line

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Off-Line: Defender has no issues running online. however off-line is another story and to date no one can give me a direct and positive answer. I select run Windows Defender online, select the next 2 items stating to run, however it will reboot then the little rectangular box comes...
  8. All printers off line, but appear on line (black, not greyed out) and neither of them will...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All printers off line, but appear on line (black, not greyed out) and neither of them will...: My Windows 10 updates loaded Friday night. Beginning Saturday morning, I can no longer print. I have two printers: Dell H825cdw, connected via wireless Canon G3000 Series, also connected via wireless I used both printers earlier last week with no issues. Saturday...
  9. Wi-fi icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi icon greyed out: I don't know how it happened, but for some reason the wi-fi icon on my Acer laptop is now greyed out and when I click on the internet icon to display available connections, there's nothing there. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see (or don't see) that will hopefully...
  10. Administrator command prompt greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator command prompt greyed out: Hi guys, I just recently built a desktop computer it's running windows 10. the problem is there's only one account on it that's the administrator account that's me. I can run everything else as the administrator applications, settings, power shell ect. The administrator...