Windows 10: Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations

Discus and support Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Howdy Folks, *Smile I'm looking for Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations for my Desktop PC. I have an internal 802.11n wireless network card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jdUnionngarden, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations

Howdy Folks, *Smile
    I'm looking for Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations for my Desktop PC. I have an internal 802.11n wireless network card (2006 era) that isn't giving me anything near the ethernet cable speed of 450 Mbps from the Xfinity router 2 rooms away.
    -
    After an exhaustive online search I'm at a loss choosing the best 802.11ac USB adapter for my machine ... - or just a good one that won't dissappoint.
    Much appreciation goes out to all who read this and who reply with suggestions!
    *Cool

:)

jdUnionngarden, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Norton Win User

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Apr 23, 2019
  3. craigo Win User
    Wi-Fi Adapter for New Build

Hey, UsB can be hit and miss, Make sure you use it in a UsB3 port and get the latest drivers from the chipset manufacturer..ie: broadcom, realtek ect..
    Before spending huge on a pci-e solution check your router/access point supports the speed your paying for AC1900 means nothing if the router behind it wont support.
    I would recommend an intel based solution for driver and compatibility reasons...$80 is to much buy it off ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/D-Link-DWA...563145?hash=item51f51b60c9:g:cfoAAOSwax5YwEdq

Does not state the chipset but $17! dual band.

craigo, Apr 23, 2019
  4. LarryWind Win User

Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations

USB Wi-Fi adapter not showing on tray

no, the driver it's for windows 8 but it works, the only problem is can't connect/switch from tray list

LarryWind, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations

1. Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations - Similar Threads - 802 11ac USB

2. Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi Adapter: My laptop will no longer connect to the Wi-Fi. The network adapter says it is enabled but is not connected. I have tried device manager to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. However that does not work. My question is how do I get it connected even though it says...
  3. Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Adapter: My laptop will no longer connect to the Wi-Fi. The network adapter says it is enabled but is not connected. I have tried device manager to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. However that does not work. My question is how do I get it connected even though it says...
  4. Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi adapter: My comuter says it has a Wi-Fi adapter but I can't get Wi-Fi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-adapter/b9617a96-78c2-46d9-874b-409565f9036c
  6. Wi-Fi adapter

Wi-Fi adapter: My laptop won't connect to WiFi. I opened the 'Device Manager' and don't see my wifi adapter. Not when I 'scan for hardware changes' or when I 'show hidden devices'. It's no longer available. My wifi adapter is... Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter...
  7. USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter: Standard hook up is wirelessly connect to an Epson vs230 Projector and then use usb tethering with an Android Phone for internet access. My wife is a teacher and has been using this setup for the last year and a half in her classroom. Coincidence or not, I did just install...
  8. No Wi-Fi Adapter

No Wi-Fi Adapter: There is no Wi-Fi option/icon, nor Airplane mode. No Wi-Fi Adapter in Device Manager. My Windows is up to date, and so is all my Drivers. I've run the Network Troubleshooter multiple times. I've tried setting up a new network. I've reset the Network Adapters, reset my router,...
  9. USB Wi-Fi adapter not showing on tray

USB Wi-Fi adapter not showing on tray: Latest driver installed, StarTech USB300WN2X2D, Mediatek/Ralink RT3572L ​ [img] 18087
  10. Usb Wi-Fi adapter not working

Usb Wi-Fi adapter not working: I've recently bought a nano usb wi-fi adapter and on it's packaging it says it's only compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7. Indeed its drivers don't work on Windows 10 9879, the device is recognized but it doesn't work. Is there a way around this? Any help will be greatly...