Windows 10: Wi-fi activation issues

Discus and support Wi-fi activation issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I always turn off my wi-fi manually when I log out of the computer, regardless if it is a shutdown or sleep mode. I turn it on when I need it, usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stumpy, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Stumpy Win User

Wi-fi activation issues

I always turn off my wi-fi manually when I log out of the computer, regardless if it is a shutdown or sleep mode. I turn it on when I need it, usually to check my e-mail, and turn it off when I'm not using it. The wi-fi has been turning itself on without me manually turning it on. I'll start up the computer and the lock screen will show it's on or active. I've run McAfee anti-virus/ -malware and there are no problems. This was randomly happening until the last update, and now it's regular every time I start up the laptop. I've restored my computer to an earlier date several times but it does

:)

Stumpy, Aug 6, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Aug 6, 2021
  3. Wi-fi issue

Hi Galin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We are will surely help you with the issue.

I suggest you to run the below troubleshooter and check.

Run the build-in network troubleshooter

Follow the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the Network Adapter.

• Click on Next to perform the Network Adapter troubleshooter and follow the steps.
    Note: Refer the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/wi-fi-sense-faq

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 6, 2021
  4. Norton Win User

Wi-fi activation issues

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

Wi-fi activation issues

1. Wi-fi activation issues - Similar Threads - activation issues

2. Having issues with windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with windows activation: So I have recently bought a laptop that came with windows 10 and the product key, however, since upgrading to windows 11 education for school purposes, I have been unable to activate windows. It was activated before having to upgrade, however, it had an error activating my...
  3. Having issues with windows activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with windows activation: So I have recently bought a laptop that came with windows 10 and the product key, however, since upgrading to windows 11 education for school purposes, I have been unable to activate windows. It was activated before having to upgrade, however, it had an error activating my...
  4. Having issues with windows activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue with Windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows activation: Years ago I purchased Windows 7 home and used it on my old PC until recently. In the meantime it was updated to windows 10, Due to hardware limitations, I couldn't upgrade it to Windows 11. I've since bought a new PC and attempted to use my previous Windows license. After...
  6. Issue with Windows activation

Issue with Windows activation: Years ago I purchased Windows 7 home and used it on my old PC until recently. In the meantime it was updated to windows 10, Due to hardware limitations, I couldn't upgrade it to Windows 11. I've since bought a new PC and attempted to use my previous Windows license. After...
  7. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...: To whom it may concern,I recently refurbished four identical laptops for a customer in a professional / industrial environment.The laptops in question are all the same model as follows:HP EliteBook Folio 9470mThey sit into older style docking stations that are used...
  8. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...: To whom it may concern,I recently refurbished four identical laptops for a customer in a professional / industrial environment.The laptops in question are all the same model as follows:HP EliteBook Folio 9470mThey sit into older style docking stations that are used...
  9. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Not receiving call from Microsoft Service Request regarding issues in activating Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not receiving call from Microsoft Service Request regarding issues in activating Windows 10 Pro: My service request number is 7037937033. My previous support request number 7037930190, where now if I check it is written that "Issue is resolved" and I haven't even received a call in the first place, is closed.I have an issue where I am unable to activate my Windows 10 Pro...