Windows 10: Wi-Fi adapter constantly stops working, need to reboot everytime...

Discus and support Wi-Fi adapter constantly stops working, need to reboot everytime... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue when I start my laptop Asus FX506HM-AZ121T my Wi-Fi works perfectly fine but after 20-30min my Wi-Fi adapter suddenly stops working. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AggiePG, May 8, 2022.

1. AggiePG Win User

Wi-Fi adapter constantly stops working, need to reboot everytime...

I have an issue when I start my laptop Asus FX506HM-AZ121T my Wi-Fi works perfectly fine but after 20-30min my Wi-Fi adapter suddenly stops working. It disappears from my network adapters list and can only be seen when I "show hidden devices". And I have to restart my laptop in order for it to connect to my Wi-Fi again. I've tried a million methods from the internet. I tried using different Wi-Fi adapters, network resets, cmd commands, uninstalling, troubleshooting, updating driver etc. Its so annoying to work from my laptop now because I have to restart every 30 minutes.

:)

AggiePG, May 8, 2022
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 8, 2022
  3. Norton Win User
    USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, May 8, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Wi-fi adapter doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to connect to Wi-Fi?

• Have you updated all the Wi-Fi drivers?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the
    issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager”

• On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it

• Right on the “Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’

• Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi adapter constantly stops working, need to reboot everytime... - Similar Threads - adapter constantly stops

2. Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Adapter: My laptop will no longer connect to the Wi-Fi. The network adapter says it is enabled but is not connected. I have tried device manager to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. However that does not work. My question is how do I get it connected even though it says...
  3. Wi-Fi adapter constantly stops working, need to reboot everytime...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi adapter constantly stops working, need to reboot everytime...: I have an issue when I start my laptop Asus FX506HM-AZ121T my Wi-Fi works perfectly fine but after 20-30min my Wi-Fi adapter suddenly stops working. It disappears from my network adapters list and can only be seen when I "show hidden devices". And I have to restart my laptop...
  4. Wi-Fi adapter constantly stops working, need to reboot everytime...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi adapter constantly stops working, need to reboot everytime...: I have an issue when I start my laptop Asus FX506HM-AZ121T my Wi-Fi works perfectly fine but after 20-30min my Wi-Fi adapter suddenly stops working. It disappears from my network adapters list and can only be seen when I "show hidden devices". And I have to restart my laptop...
  5. Microsoft Wi-Fi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Wi-Fi adapter not working: Hello, I encountered a problem with the Wireless Driver, which is Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #1 & #2. It does not work, it only works once in one day only, and then it disconnects, and I cannot connect to any internet network, and when the driver disconnects the...
  6. Wi-Fi adapter

Wi-Fi adapter: My comuter says it has a Wi-Fi adapter but I can't get Wi-Fi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-adapter/b9617a96-78c2-46d9-874b-409565f9036c
  7. Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi adapter: My laptop won't connect to WiFi. I opened the 'Device Manager' and don't see my wifi adapter. Not when I 'scan for hardware changes' or when I 'show hidden devices'. It's no longer available. My wifi adapter is... Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter...
  8. Wi-fi Adapter not working

Wi-fi Adapter not working: When I log into my computer in the task bar there is a red circle with a white x next to the wi-fi icon. When I click on Network and Internet settings under status it says not connected. To the left I can click on wi-fi and then press the switch to turn the wi-fi back on,...
  9. No Wi-Fi Adapter

No Wi-Fi Adapter: There is no Wi-Fi option/icon, nor Airplane mode. No Wi-Fi Adapter in Device Manager. My Windows is up to date, and so is all my Drivers. I've run the Network Troubleshooter multiple times. I've tried setting up a new network. I've reset the Network Adapters, reset my router,...
  10. Usb Wi-Fi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Wi-Fi adapter not working: I've recently bought a nano usb wi-fi adapter and on it's packaging it says it's only compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7. Indeed its drivers don't work on Windows 10 9879, the device is recognized but it doesn't work. Is there a way around this? Any help will be greatly...