Windows 10: Wi-Fi adapter dissconnect

Discus and support Wi-Fi adapter dissconnect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have intel(R) dual band wireless-ac 3160 on my Toshiba laptop, works fine until I open any game, then it shows limited connection and when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MostafaShaaban, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Wi-Fi adapter dissconnect

I have intel(R) dual band wireless-ac 3160 on my Toshiba laptop, works fine until I open any game, then it shows limited connection and when I try to turn the Wi-Fi off and on the adapter disconnects and shows yellow triangle in the device manager

I'm using windows 10

:)

MostafaShaaban, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Norton Win User

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Wi-Fi virtual adapter

I am unable to create a wi-fi hotspot on my laptop (HP pavillion ab-032tx model) after upgrading to windows 10. I cannot find Microsoft WI-Fi direct Virtual adapter in the listed adapters (control pannel->network sharing center) . However Microsoft Wi-Fi
    direct Virtual adapter and Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter #2 are listed in hidden drivers (device manager-> view tab, faded icons). Upon checking for hardware changes, there are no unkown devices being shown. Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter
    #3 is also found in the view tab , but its icon is not faded. All my drivers are updated. Still i am unable to create a hotspot. Pl help me with the same.

Revati Joshi, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Wi-Fi adapter dissconnect

Wi-fi adapter doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to connect to Wi-Fi?

• Have you updated all the Wi-Fi drivers?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the
    issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager”

• On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it

• Right on the “Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’

• Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Wi-Fi adapter dissconnect

1. Wi-Fi adapter dissconnect - Similar Threads - adapter dissconnect

2. Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...: My computer has a broken headphone jack, so I have to use an adapter for usb to resolve that problem - However, there is one flaw. Media players keep pausing and unpausing every 0.3 seconds or less.Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.Also, it is trying to open my media...
  3. Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...: My computer has a broken headphone jack, so I have to use an adapter for usb to resolve that problem - However, there is one flaw. Media players keep pausing and unpausing every 0.3 seconds or less.Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.Also, it is trying to open my media...
  4. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  5. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  6. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can a Windows 11 PC use 2 Bluetooth adapters at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a Windows 11 PC use 2 Bluetooth adapters at once?: We have a PC that needs more than 7 Bluetooth devices connected to it. I have purchased a TP-Link UB4A Bluetooth dongle, but cannot function properly unless the computer's built in Bluetooth is disabled in Device Manager. But suppose we have 2 of these dongles plugged in at...
  8. Can a Windows 11 PC use 2 Bluetooth adapters at once?

Can a Windows 11 PC use 2 Bluetooth adapters at once?: We have a PC that needs more than 7 Bluetooth devices connected to it. I have purchased a TP-Link UB4A Bluetooth dongle, but cannot function properly unless the computer's built in Bluetooth is disabled in Device Manager. But suppose we have 2 of these dongles plugged in at...
  9. How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter: Hello I've followed this guide to uninstall and permanently remove Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, but it keeps coming back. also disabled it and it still says "connected" I've tried everything. I've also noticed this tooThis normal?...
  10. How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter

How do I permanently uninstall Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter: Hello I've followed this guide to uninstall and permanently remove Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, but it keeps coming back. also disabled it and it still says "connected" I've tried everything. I've also noticed this tooThis normal?...