Windows 10: Wi-fi adapter keeps turning off randomly on my laptop

Discus and support Wi-fi adapter keeps turning off randomly on my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So yesterday my wi-fi started to turn off randomly for no reason, its not my internet connection becouse it works on other devices. Also i already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Biafra, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Biafra Win User

Wi-fi adapter keeps turning off randomly on my laptop

So yesterday my wi-fi started to turn off randomly for no reason, its not my internet connection becouse it works on other devices. Also i already tried ticking off power saving option on my network adapter, it helped for a while i thought, but after i restarted my laptop even though its still ticked off, its still turning off randomly.. (Also i noticed it turns off when i plug or unplug my mouse?)

Please help its so annoying.

Other problems i have:

1. Cant set opera as my default browser it asks me if i want to set it as default every time i open it and i always click yes..

2. Cant turn my touchpad off even though when i use fn+f9 it says its tunred off..

:)

Biafra, Aug 1, 2015

2. Wifi wont connect not turned on

I'm trying to connect my acer aspire to the internet but windows keeps telling me that the Wi-Fi is turned off. The Wi-Fi isn't turned off as I don't have a switch to turn the Wi-Fi off. The Wi-Fi adapter in question is a Broadcom AR5BWB222 and is detected
    in device manager. I have done a fresh install of windows, disabled and re-enabled the adapter reset the network adapter, reset the BIOS, updated the driver software from Asus. I also took the drive out of this laptop and put it in another with a different
    adapter and the same problem occurred so I don't believe it is hardware related. Any suggestions ???

IHATEWINDOWS69, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge keeps turning my Wi-Fi adapter off!

Ever since my laptop updated to Windows 10, my Wi-Fi adapter keeps being turned off. The minute I right click on the adapter, it is turned back on. It usually happens during a search. Is Microsoft going to address this problem?

Thomas B. Smith, Aug 1, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

What is the make of your card? Have you got the latest driver? Try different DNS and see whether it helps.

brummyfan, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Biafra Win User
    Atheros AR9485WB-EG. Got latest drivers

It looks like even though i ticked off saving energy on internet card it didnt went through or something? Wifi turns off every time i plug in or plug out my mouse

Biafra, Aug 1, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Uninstall the driver, if your card easily accessible and confident enough to open up, try switching the cable and see whether it helps. Please fill in the system specs, it will help to help you.
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

brummyfan, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Biafra Win User
    Done. Im not confident to open my laptop :/ . I reinstalled old drivers but it didnet help so i updated them again, but wifi still keeps turning off randomly (and when i plug/unplug mouse 100% time)

Biafra, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Biafra Win User

Anyone had similar problam, have any ideas?

Biafra, Aug 2, 2015
  9. brummyfan Win User
    If you can, try going back to the previous OS and update to Win 10 after disabling G-Data AV.

brummyfan, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Biafra Win User
    Ok i will try that thx for helping

Biafra, Aug 2, 2015
  11. I have the same problem with my Wi-Fi adapter (Realtek RTL8191SE) on my laptop randomly turning off. I had the same problem under Win 7 prior to updating the machine to Windows 10. Back then the problem started after updating the Realtek driver to the latest from Windows Update, but it seemed to correct itself after I re-installed the last Wi-Fi adapter driver from Toshiba. Now the problem is back after installing Windows 10 on the same machine. I'll probably try that same fix again if the problem continues.

pdrrengineer, Aug 2, 2015
  12. I know this might seem a bit extreme, but one of my customers had the same problem with WiFi disappearing at random intervals.

The cure was to shutdown, remove battery, wait a few minutes. Fit battery, power up and hey presto.

MikeWilliams, Aug 3, 2015
  13. BRKING Win User

BRKING, Aug 3, 2015
  14. weamish Win User
    Same problem here, using Lenovo Yoga2. Showed no connections available, ran troubleshooting as admin in order to fix.

weamish, Aug 3, 2015
  15. Biafra Win User
    I tried that it didn't help :/ Want to try few things before going back to previous OS.

Biafra, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Wi-fi adapter keeps turning off randomly on my laptop - Similar Threads - adapter keeps turning

2. My Wi-Fi Keeps turning off and wont turn back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wi-Fi Keeps turning off and wont turn back on.: For the past 2 weeks, my laptops internet has been randomly turning off and it won't turn back on unless I restart my device. I have checked for optional updates, I have done network resets but none of these things have worked. I just don't know what to do....
  3. My Wi-Fi Keeps turning off and wont turn back on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wi-Fi Keeps turning off and wont turn back on.: For the past 2 weeks, my laptops internet has been randomly turning off and it won't turn back on unless I restart my device. I have checked for optional updates, I have done network resets but none of these things have worked. I just don't know what to do....
  4. Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting: My laptop's Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters #1 and #2 keep disconnecting at irregular frequency. I get "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer.", but after a restart or two, it works as it should....
  5. Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting

Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting: My laptop's Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters #1 and #2 keep disconnecting at irregular frequency. I get "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer.", but after a restart or two, it works as it should....
  6. Wi-fi adapter randomly failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi adapter randomly failing: Hi,My device is an Acer Swift 1 running Windows 11 Home 21H2 with an Intel Wi-fi 6 AX200 160MHz Wi-fi adapter.About two to three weeks ago, the Wi-fi on my device started to randomly disappear from the options menu multiple times. When I checked the Device Manager, there were...
  7. Wi-fi adapter randomly failing

Wi-fi adapter randomly failing: Hi,My device is an Acer Swift 1 running Windows 11 Home 21H2 with an Intel Wi-fi 6 AX200 160MHz Wi-fi adapter.About two to three weeks ago, the Wi-fi on my device started to randomly disappear from the options menu multiple times. When I checked the Device Manager, there were...
  8. Wi-fi keeps turning off and on by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi keeps turning off and on by itself: my laptops internet keeps turning off and on by itself, i checked to see if it maybe was the internet itself but other devices can connect to the internet without any problems except my laptop, i’ve tried flushing the dns and all other possible ways to fix this from what ive...
  9. Wi-Fi adapter keeps on resetting

Wi-Fi adapter keeps on resetting: My wifi connection suddenly gets lost after about 30 minutes. Then I run the troubleshooter and it fixes it. Sometimes, however, the whole computer freezes and I have to brute force its shut down....
  10. WI-FI turn off

WI-FI turn off: HI how can Iturn on The WI-FI on my laptop HP Pavilion dv6929nr Notebook PC? iput the Network security ey ,but ican't connect to the wi fiItroubleshooting ,a red Xsay that i have not preferret wireless network, Idon't know how this is hapen,is work good with the etherne...