Windows 10: Wi-Fi Alliance introduces new 802.11ah HaLow standard

Discus and support Wi-Fi Alliance introduces new 802.11ah HaLow standard in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; New technology will extend Wi-Fi® solutions for the Internet of Things Las Vegas, NV, January 4, 2016 – With industry momentum mounting around a low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces new 802.11ah HaLow standard

Source: Wi-Fi Alliance® introduces low power, long range Wi-Fi HaLow | Wi-Fi Alliance

:)

Brink, Jan 4, 2016
  2. Tripp Parks [MSFT], Jan 4, 2016
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    Lumia 640XL, no 5GHz WIFI support?

This is one solution to mitigate this misunderstanding. Another one, as you state and suggest, is to show the Wi-Fi label on the box, because the Wi-Fi Alliance has rules which

indicate the frequencies bands
    . Both solutions would help to avoid this misunderstanding.

Abi99 (2), Jan 4, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

900 Mhz is fine for wearables -- I don't like the idea of 5GHZ - or even the mobile phone frequency of 2.2 - 2.4 Ghz There's still considerable doubt on whether or not excessive use of mobile phones using those types of frequencies can damage the brain due to radiation. Wearables will be close to the skin at all times so could in theory pose a higher risk than mobile phones.

The problem though with lower wavelengths such as 900Mhz is that they are much more susceptible to interference -- anybody here old enough to remember analog TV signals where during certain climatic conditions reception was really weird.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 4, 2016
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    Interesting, I always thought anything with the letter a after the 802.11 like 802.11a and 802.11ac meant 5Ghz as the other was 2.4Ghz which ending with 802.11n it seems.

Almighty1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi Alliance introduces new 802.11ah HaLow standard - Similar Threads - Alliance introduces 802

2. wi-fi wi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wi-fi wi: I just want to use the wi-fi on my second computer without a cable. my computer uses windows 10 and it keep saying fix the cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-wi/fabd5a5d-b3b2-4ae1-8f34-3c5b98d4e10f
  3. wi-fi wi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wi-fi wi: I just want to use the wi-fi on my second computer without a cable. my computer uses windows 10 and it keep saying fix the cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-wi/fabd5a5d-b3b2-4ae1-8f34-3c5b98d4e10f
  4. wi-fi wi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi-Fi Alliance brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz as Wi-Fi 6E

in Windows 10 News
    Wi-Fi Alliance brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz as Wi-Fi 6E: Wi-Fi 6E will rapidly deliver benefits in 6 GHz once available Wi-Fi Alliance® is introducing new terminology to distinguish forthcoming Wi-Fi 6 devices that are capable of 6 GHz operation, an important portion of unlicensed spectrum that may soon be made available by...
  6. Wi-Fi Alliance announces Wi-Fi 6 certification program

in Windows 10 News
    Wi-Fi Alliance announces Wi-Fi 6 certification program: The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™ certification program from Wi-Fi Alliance® is now available and delivers the best user experience with devices based on IEEE 802.11ax. The certification program brings new features and capabilities that enable substantially greater overall Wi-Fi®...
  7. Wi-fi

Wi-fi: There is no wifi option when i want to connect to a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi/6e2d68a8-f0a7-45d8-aef6-e2b70405434d
  8. Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security

in Windows 10 News
    Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security: Next-generation Wi-Fi® security for personal and enterprise networks Austin, TX – June 25, 2018 – Wi-Fi Alliance® introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3™, the next generation of Wi-Fi® security, bringing new capabilities to enhance Wi-Fi protections in personal and enterprise...
  9. Wi-Fi Bluetooth new motherboard

Wi-Fi Bluetooth new motherboard: What's up guys? So I just bought the Asus maximus viii gene cause my current board is just not cutting it. Unfortunately, the new board does not come with wifi or Bluetooth. So I was looking for a pcie card that has the best of both. 802.11AC and Bluetooth 4.0-4.2. Any...
  10. Introducing XAML Standard and .NET Standard 2.0

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing XAML Standard and .NET Standard 2.0: XAML Standard We are pleased to announce XAML Standard, which is a standards-based effort to unify XAML dialects across XAML based technologies such as UWP and Xamarin.Forms. XAML Standard is a specification that defines a standard XAML vocabulary. With that vocabulary,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 802.11ah market