Windows 10: Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45

Discus and support Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! (apologies in advance for the large post. I'll try to bold things that I think should stand out) I have had this problem since a little more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jason SC, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Jason SC Win User

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45

Hello!

(apologies in advance for the large post. I'll try to bold things that I think should stand out)

I have had this problem since a little more than a week ago, which was coincidentally when some Windows updates were installed. When I tried to uninstall those updates, they reinstalled when the machine was restarted, so I didn't pursue that path further.

I have googled/searched many posts/forums trying to resolve this problem, but none of the solutions posted have yet worked for my situation.

My main problem is that I cannot connect my laptop to the internet, whether it be through Wi-Fi or a direct Ethernet cable. I am on a university campus, and my phone is able to connect to the campus wireless network, so having access to a network is not the problem. I am able to connect my laptop by using my phone as a mobile hotspot, but I would like to keep that to a minimum since it's a strain on my data plan.

My machine is a Lenovo S41-70 running Windows 10 Home that I have owned since 2015.

Things I have tried: (in no specific order)

• Restarted the machine, plugged into power
    • Restarted the machine, not plugged into power
    • Ran Windows Network Diagnostics Troubleshooter (no issues detected)
    • Set my Power Options -> Wireless Adapter settings -> Power Saving Mode: Maximum Performance
    • Set my Power Options -> USB settings -> USB selective suspend setting: Disabled
    • Attempted to update my network adapter drivers (results in "The best drivers for your device are already installed")
    • Turned Airplane Mode on and off several times.
    • Command Prompt commands:
      • netsh winsock reset
      • ipconfig /release
      • netsh int ip reset
      • ipconfig /renew
      • ipconfig /flushdns
    • Uninstalled drivers and restarted the machine.
    • Manually downloading/installing drivers from the Lenovo website (I do not think I did this correctly, or for the correct drivers, however)
    • A System Restore (Windows updates reinstalled automatically)

Things I have not tried:

• chkdsk command (I am unsure which flags/options to run this with, but I am willing to do this)
    • System Reset/Refresh (I am worried about losing Microsoft Office and being unable to recover it, so I am less willing to do this unless as a last resort)
    • Any other things y'all might suggest.

Here are some screenshots/screen grabs:

Networks do not show up:

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 7e0cb59a-a3f2-4b1c-bd3f-5fc6dae38812?upload=true.png

Troubleshooter does not yield any results:

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 907be54a-749d-476a-af11-fcbde4ec4474?upload=true.png

ipconfig command results:

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 6d3005cc-d062-4df2-8069-d78b59388159?upload=true.png

Device Manager, with hidden devices shown:

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 180406af-9a71-49cf-8049-6022c4c55b59?upload=true.png

Code 45 for Wireless and Ethernet:

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 8160236e-e3f8-4e83-b35f-e9c93a2aa0f9?upload=true.png

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 [​IMG]

Attempt to update drivers:

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 a06c6048-7a49-48f1-85fb-496e79fa144d?upload=true.png

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 89244097-908f-474f-a1eb-7b53bf582220?upload=true.png

I am assuming that Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 is my wireless network driver and that Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is my Ethernet network driver.

Wi-Fi option missing from "Set Up a Connection or Network"

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 08a429bc-1fdb-4403-a05f-55a9a674b052?upload=true.png

No Wi-Fi tab shown in Network & Internet Settings:
    Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 a49cfbb5-210c-48e1-abf7-05071551753b?upload=true.png

My current power settings:

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 a38c9c10-e5cf-42d9-9c49-8ff479ea99e1?upload=true.png

Network Connections (wireless nor ethernet shown):

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 a4dedc8e-3204-4cd0-8a55-377aee339308?upload=true.png

I did not drop or mishandle my laptop, so I doubt that the actual hardware has gotten disconnected, but maybe it has died? I am hoping this is not the case. This is all the stuff I can think of regarding this issue right now, so if you need any additional information, please let me know. Thanks!

:)

Jason SC, Nov 13, 2018
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 - Code 45

Recently I've installed the new windows 10 version 1511 update, everything seems to be working fine except for one thing.

This would be my "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2" driver, because prior to the installation of the new update it was working just fine. It seems that is not the case now, as windows claims that it's not functioning properly and has given it a "code 45" flag.

Is there anyway to fix this, or this a problem that's inherent with the new update and can only be fixed by its developers later?

Any advice on my situation would be appreciated, thank you.

I shall also provide pictorial examples to to better express my issue.

Arcturus Fyr, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45

Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter

1) Right Now I am using my local account only.

2)A day before when this problem occurred, I was trying to setup VPN connection.

For VPN connection I tried following different stuffs.

• Used Default VPN setup in Windows. (It didn't work so removed the VPN connection).
    • Installed VPN driver in TeamViewer.
    • Installed Opera Browser and enabled SurfEasy VPN plugin.
    • Installed Opera Developer browser and Enabled built in VPN.

After this problem occurred, I uninstalled Teamviewer, and both Opera browsers.

3) I am not getting any specific error message.I am able to connect to Ethernet and Wi-Fi but when I connect , It shows connected but no internet access.

Network troubleshooter showed following issues :

There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapt... - Not Fixed

The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems - Failed

Set up the wireless network adapter - Not Run

There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet ad... - Not Fixed

The wired network adapter is experiencing problems - Failed

Set up the wired network adapter - Not Run

I already tried both the solutions,

Method 1 : WLAN Autoconfig was running and startup type was in Automatic only.

Method 2 : Those commands didn't work.

Prabakaran-R, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45

1. Wi-Fi and Ethernet not connecting; network adapters show Code 45 - Similar Threads - Ethernet connecting network

2. Code 45 network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Code 45 network adapter: Every time I restart my HP laptop or wake it up from sleep, my Broadcom network adapter and Microsoft adaptors develops code 45 error. I have tried all the solutions listed on the forum ie troubleshooting network adpter, using command prompts, uninstalling and re installing...
  3. Code 45 network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 45 network adapter: Every time I restart my HP laptop or wake it up from sleep, my Broadcom network adapter and Microsoft adaptors develops code 45 error. I have tried all the solutions listed on the forum ie troubleshooting network adpter, using command prompts, uninstalling and re installing...
  4. Code 45 network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  6. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  7. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  8. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  9. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 - Code 45

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 - Code 45: Recently I've installed the new windows 10 version 1511 update, everything seems to be working fine except for one thing. This would be my "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2" driver, because prior to the installation of the new update it was working just fine. It...
  10. Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections: I've encountered a problem with my Wireless connection as I think the driver got corrupted when Windows 10's auto update tried updating it but failed. The result was me being unable to "Enable" the adapter in Network and Sharing Centre/Network Adapters. It kept on saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. code 45 for built-in nic

2. ethernet et code 45

3. ethernet adapter code 45