Windows 10: Wi-Fi and Lan issue

Discus and support Wi-Fi and Lan issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my laptop has been doing this weird thing. When I'm connected to wi-fi and plug in a LAN cable, my laptop will connect using the Lan but will keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HSwinnie, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Wi-Fi and Lan issue

So my laptop has been doing this weird thing. When I'm connected to wi-fi and plug in a LAN cable, my laptop will connect using the Lan but will keep using wi-fi to connect to the internet. So in order to use my lan cable i need to disconnect my wi-fi. This gets quite annoying after a while of switching. How can I solve this?

submitted by /u/HSwinnie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HSwinnie, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Wi-fi issue

Hi Galin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We are will surely help you with the issue.

I suggest you to run the below troubleshooter and check.

Run the build-in network troubleshooter

Follow the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the Network Adapter.

• Click on Next to perform the Network Adapter troubleshooter and follow the steps.
    Note: Refer the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/wi-fi-sense-faq

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Norton Win User

Wi-Fi and Lan issue

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Wi-Fi and Lan issue

1. Wi-Fi and Lan issue - Similar Threads - Lan issue

2. Issue with MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card on Asus TUF F15 FX506HM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card on Asus TUF F15 FX506HM: Hello everyone,I'm facing a persistent issue with my MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card on my Asus TUF F15 FX506HM laptop, and I'm seeking assistance to resolve it. After starting my PC, the Wi-Fi card works for a few minutes, but then it suddenly stops functioning....
  3. Issue with MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card on Asus TUF F15 FX506HM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card on Asus TUF F15 FX506HM: Hello everyone,I'm facing a persistent issue with my MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card on my Asus TUF F15 FX506HM laptop, and I'm seeking assistance to resolve it. After starting my PC, the Wi-Fi card works for a few minutes, but then it suddenly stops functioning....
  4. LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc: Hello, For years I've been able to access my desktop from my laptop through my network. Click on the network, and there's my desktop. Easy. However, about a week ago my desktop suddenly started appearing as a media device on my laptop. If I click on the media device it has an...
  5. LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc

LAN Issues - Suddenly can't access files on network pc: Hello, For years I've been able to access my desktop from my laptop through my network. Click on the network, and there's my desktop. Easy. However, about a week ago my desktop suddenly started appearing as a media device on my laptop. If I click on the media device it has an...
  6. I have the realtek 8812bu wireless lan 802.11ac usb and I often get a packet loss issue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have the realtek 8812bu wireless lan 802.11ac usb and I often get a packet loss issue...: The packet loss issue seems to be at random. Some days I have no packet loss and it doesn't even feel like I'm playing on wi-fi. Other days I have packet loss issues the entire day and it's impossible to play online.Even when reseting my PC, modem or even unplugging and...
  7. I have the realtek 8812bu wireless lan 802.11ac usb and I often get a packet loss issue...

I have the realtek 8812bu wireless lan 802.11ac usb and I often get a packet loss issue...: The packet loss issue seems to be at random. Some days I have no packet loss and it doesn't even feel like I'm playing on wi-fi. Other days I have packet loss issues the entire day and it's impossible to play online.Even when reseting my PC, modem or even unplugging and...
  8. I have the realtek 8812bu wireless lan 802.11ac usb and I often get a packet loss issue...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Credential issue trying to access 2nd computer on LAN

Credential issue trying to access 2nd computer on LAN: I’ve been attempting to RDP from a desktop to a laptop on the same network. Both running Windows 10 Pro. Both have remote access set & also have file sharing set. I can access the desktop from the laptop both using Remote Desktop as well as file explorer. My issue is getting...
  10. Credential issue trying to access 2nd computer on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Credential issue trying to access 2nd computer on LAN: I’ve been attempting to RDP from a desktop to a laptop on the same network. Both running Windows 10 Pro. Both have remote access set & also have file sharing set. I can access the desktop from the laptop both using Remote Desktop as well as file explorer. My issue is getting...