Windows 10: Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer

Discus and support Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer, I have tried all the usual fixes but nothing working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LorraineKnox, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer

Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer, I have tried all the usual fixes but nothing working.

:)

LorraineKnox, Mar 21, 2021

2. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    HP Printer asking for WPS PIN

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are asked for WPS PIN while setting up the printer. Let me help you with the details. However, we would like to know the version of Windows that you are using. To check type:
    winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
    Enter.

Ideally, you will get a prompt for WPS PIN if the Wi-Fi direct option is enabled on the printer. As you do not want to connect the printer using Wi-Fi, I would suggest you to disable the Wi-Fi direct option. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

• If your printer has a touchscreen, touch the
      Wi-Fi Direct
      icon to view the status. If the status is on, touch the
      Settings
      icon to turn it off.
    • If your printer has a 2-line LCD display, go to
      Network
      menu, select Wi-Fi Direct, and then select
      Wi-Fi Direct On/Off
      . Use the arrow buttons to turn it off.

Once you have done this, you will be able to setup the printer.

However, you can download the drivers for the printer from
    HP ENVY 5000 All-in-One Printer series
    and install them. Check the Recommended section to download and install the drivers.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    HP Printers - USB Printer Setup (Windows)
    to setup the printer using USB.

In case you wish to setup the printer wirelessly, you can refer the article on

An 'Enter WPS PIN' Message Displays During Printer Setup

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer

Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer

1. Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer - Similar Threads - button blinking Printer

2. Wi-Fi button disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi button disappeared: I cannot see any button for it, then I have gone to the settings, and even in the settings, the Wi-Fi option cannot be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-button-disappeared/7b8578d8-d8f9-4494-a06b-2aef0ca65953
  3. Wi-Fi button disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi button disappeared: I cannot see any button for it, then I have gone to the settings, and even in the settings, the Wi-Fi option cannot be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-button-disappeared/7b8578d8-d8f9-4494-a06b-2aef0ca65953
  4. Wi-Fi button disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wi-fi -printer/laptop

Wi-fi -printer/laptop: How do I set up my printer/laptop on wif-fi please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-printerlaptop/a99a4021-c1dd-44cd-9394-6f0b22579112
  6. Wi-Fi icon keeps on blinking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi icon keeps on blinking: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/08Direwolf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/its4jt/wifi_icon_keeps_on_blinking/
  7. Installing a wi-fi HP printer - Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing a wi-fi HP printer - Failed: I was facing printing problems so I decided to remove the printer from my notebook and install it again. It is a wi-fi printer. I did it a couple of times before and never had any problems. But this time when I ask to add the printer it requests my Microsoft account. I enter...
  8. Wi-Fi on hp computer

Wi-Fi on hp computer: Hello my name is Kenadie Ewert and I am wondering if anyone has had issues connecting their HP computer to the internet, I have had this issue before but it was resolved with time and now it is acting up again to the point of having to use a personal hotspot on my phone. Can...
  9. Computer and Printer Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer and Printer Wi-Fi: I have connected a HP Officejet 4652 printer to my computer (windows 10). Printer worked fine until this week. Now printer indicates it is connected to wireless and wi-fi, but my computer says the printer is off-line. I can pull the printer up on the internet access and...
  10. WI FI button not exist

WI FI button not exist: after I disconnect my computer from my iPhone hotspot and the wi fi button and the wi fi option on device manager disappeared! now I'm connected from cable to my iPhone...