Windows 10: Wi-fi connected, internet is working for a few minutes, then cuts out

Discus and support Wi-fi connected, internet is working for a few minutes, then cuts out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i turn on my computer, the automatic connection to my wifi network is intermittent at best. When i start to do whatever on the internet, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MoltenHydrogen, May 5, 2020.

1. Wi-fi connected, internet is working for a few minutes, then cuts out

When i turn on my computer, the automatic connection to my wifi network is intermittent at best. When i start to do whatever on the internet, it eventually just cuts out, sometimes it's the wifi and sometimes its the internet. My sister is in the room with the wifi modem/router and apparently has had no issues. This happens with my surface pro 4 as well, although not as often.

:)

MoltenHydrogen, May 5, 2020
  2. Marivel Man, May 5, 2020
  3. Amadeus51 Win User
    No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, May 5, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-fi connected, internet is working for a few minutes, then cuts out

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Wi-fi connected, internet is working for a few minutes, then cuts out

1. Wi-fi connected, internet is working for a few minutes, then cuts out - Similar Threads - connected internet working

2. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  3. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  4. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  5. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting: Got a strange issue with the Wi-Fi connection on Win10, and I'm not sure what else to try.Symptoms:After connecting to the Wi-Fi, it works normally for a minute or so, but then stops working.It doesn't disconnect, but accessing any site returns a ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED...
  6. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting: Got a strange issue with the Wi-Fi connection on Win10, and I'm not sure what else to try.Symptoms:After connecting to the Wi-Fi, it works normally for a minute or so, but then stops working.It doesn't disconnect, but accessing any site returns a ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED...
  7. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out.: My laptop this week has started to act up, whenever I start my laptop up it works as usual. The internet and everything works fine until about 3-7 minutes later where my internet just goes to nothing. submitted by /u/RedsRepublic [link] [comments]...
  9. Webcam cutting out after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam cutting out after a few minutes: Hello, I've recently bought a webcam for online classes. It seemed to work just fine with Windows UVC. However, after my recent update from 1903 to 2004 it cuts out after a few minutes and only works once I take the USB out and plug it in again. Webcam: Link Dutch...
  10. Wi-Fi connectivity issues appearing a few minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi connectivity issues appearing a few minutes after startup: I accidentally uninstalled my audio driver yesterday and I rolled back to fix it because installing it gave my microphone very poor quality. The audio issue was fixed but now after a few minutes of starting up my PC, it cannot connect to the internet. It shows that I’m...