Windows 10: Wi Fi connection I use spikes every ten seconds. My computer has windows home and the only...

Discus and support Wi Fi connection I use spikes every ten seconds. My computer has windows home and the only... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/fbn66iwk7nv41.png?width=1102&format=png&auto=webp&s=97bb40362d6b14d3c2c85e5338a0d2edc44b704d submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Carlosdafox, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Wi Fi connection I use spikes every ten seconds. My computer has windows home and the only...

/u/Carlosdafox, Apr 28, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Frank C Win User
    Wi-Fi Not connected

Hi,
    Network and sharing center shows wi-fi not connected.

There are two computers on the local network that are connected by wi-fi.
    A third computer is connected by either net.
    The connection to the internet is also successful.
    The instructions to unplug or turn off the device and wait 10 seconds is not clear.
    I don't know where it is!.
    How do I get it connected or should I ignore it?
    Thanks

Wi Fi connection I use spikes every ten seconds. My computer has windows home and the only... [​IMG]

Frank C, Apr 28, 2020
  4. allant51 Win User

Wi Fi connection I use spikes every ten seconds. My computer has windows home and the only...

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Wi Fi connection I use spikes every ten seconds. My computer has windows home and the only...

1. Wi Fi connection I use spikes every ten seconds. My computer has windows home and the only... - Similar Threads - connection spikes every

2. Ping spiking on Wi-Fi connection network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping spiking on Wi-Fi connection network: I am writing to seek assistance with a persistent issue I have been experiencing regarding my internet connectivity. Despite being connected to a Wi-Fi network in close proximity to the router, I am encountering significant latency problems that are adversely affecting my...
  3. Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi: My husband and I both have windows computer with all the sudden will not connect to the Internet it will connect to a hotspot. All our other devices have no problem connecting to our router....
  4. Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi

Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi: My husband and I both have windows computer with all the sudden will not connect to the Internet it will connect to a hotspot. All our other devices have no problem connecting to our router....
  5. Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds: Just to clarify, I've tried so many things like closing background processes, messing with the DNS settings, trying to figure out what's using up so much data using the resource monitor, and uninstalling a bunch of things that might be causing the problem. I'm a bit confused...
  6. Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds

Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds: Just to clarify, I've tried so many things like closing background processes, messing with the DNS settings, trying to figure out what's using up so much data using the resource monitor, and uninstalling a bunch of things that might be causing the problem. I'm a bit confused...
  7. Wi-Fi spikes every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Suddenly unable to connect to only my home Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly unable to connect to only my home Wi-Fi: Two days ago I suddenly was unable to connect to my home Wi-Fi for no apparent reasonUnable to connect to network. I installed nothing and changed nothing that I was aware of that could've affected it. I tried to reset the network card, delete it's drivers turn Wi-Fi off and...
  9. Wi-Fi Spikes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Spikes on Windows 10: I've noticed this problem once I moved and updated my computer to Windows 10. I purchased a new USB Wifi Adapter because I assumed it was my previous outdated USB Wifi Adapter. I'm finding I'm still getting spikes that jump from 20-30ms to high-high numbers and it's...
  10. The Your Phone app not connecting only on home Wi-Fi

The Your Phone app not connecting only on home Wi-Fi: I can connect my Microsoft Surface Pro 5 to my Galaxy S9+ over Wi-Fi when I'm away from home. But only at my home, it will not connect! Does anyone have any idea what setting in my home Wi-Fi rounter may be doing this? I'm using a Linksys EA6400. Thanks!...