Windows 10: Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC

Discus and support Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I bought this 3 months old PC. When it came, everything was working fine, except for the Wi-Fi connection. It is really unstable and keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sl1ng4c, Mar 18, 2023.

1. sl1ng4c Win User

Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC

So, I bought this 3 months old PC. When it came, everything was working fine, except for the Wi-Fi connection. It is really unstable and keeps disconnecting, specially when playing videogames or downloading heavy files. For example, I am able to use it perfectly, but when I start downloading a file, around 1 minute later it starts getting slower and eventually disconnects from the Wi-Fi.This only happens with the new PC. I used to have a laptop in the same exact place where I have my pc and it worked perfectly fine, as well as all the other devices in my house.I tried many things. I read man

:)

sl1ng4c, Mar 18, 2023
  2. craigmh74 Win User

PC connection issue (Wi-Fi)

I have 2 PCs hooked up, both running Windows 10. My PC in the living room is connected directly to the cable modem and I am using a portable Wi-Fi adapter (Netgear Genie) for my PC in the bedroom. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I lost my Wi-Fi signal in the bedroom. The Wi-Fi icon disappeared from the taskbar. So I thought it may be the adapter. So I moved the PC into the living room and connected it directly. Well....nothing. There is still no signal. The wi-fi in my house is still active because I'm able to use my cell phone and tablet. So...any suggestions? If what I wrote is unclear let me know. Thanks.

Craig

craigmh74, Mar 18, 2023
  3. allant51 Win User
    wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC - Similar Threads - connection really unstable

2. Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC: So, I bought this 3 months old PC. When it came, everything was working fine, except for the Wi-Fi connection. It is really unstable and keeps disconnecting, specially when playing videogames or downloading heavy files. For example, I am able to use it perfectly, but when I...
  3. Unstable WI-Fi issues in the laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unstable WI-Fi issues in the laptop.: So I have this issue, I'm 85% sure it's a laptop issue, when I connect to my Wi-Fi on my laptop, the ping is unstable and goes up and down, this doesn't happen on my mobile or any other devices. This happens only on my WIFI and is normal on other WIFI's. I have to USB tether...
  4. Slow and unstable Wi-Fi connection only on laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow and unstable Wi-Fi connection only on laptop: Hello everyone, I am recently experiencing an issue with my home Wi-Fi connection on my laptop, model Asus F555L with Windows 10 Home 2004 Version installed. First, the network speed is much slower than on other devices such as my mobile phone around 20/30 Mbps instead of...
  5. Wi Fi connections

Wi Fi connections: Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram both have lost connections from time to time and the...
  6. PC connection issue (Wi-Fi)

PC connection issue (Wi-Fi): I have 2 PCs hooked up, both running Windows 10. My PC in the living room is connected directly to the cable modem and I am using a portable Wi-Fi adapter (Netgear Genie) for my PC in the bedroom. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I lost my Wi-Fi signal in...
  7. PC connection issue (Wi-Fi)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC connection issue (Wi-Fi): I have 2 PCs hooked up, both running Windows 10. My PC in the living room is connected directly to the cable modem and I am using a portable Wi-Fi adapter (Netgear Genie) for my PC in the bedroom. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I lost my Wi-Fi signal in...
  8. wi-fi connection

wi-fi connection: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 same as this one but it doesn't have the capability to connect with wi fi. is there an app that I can purchase and download to a thumb drive so that I can transfer to the other computer....
  9. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  10. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...