Windows 10: Wi-Fi connection shows action needed

Discus and support Wi-Fi connection shows action needed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My Computer's just done some updates and then wifi stopped working and every time i hit "connect" i find "action needed" written under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Noha ElKhateeb, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Wi-Fi connection shows action needed

Hello,

My Computer's just done some updates and then wifi stopped working and every time i hit "connect" i find "action needed" written under the network name, and then it automatically opens a browsing tab which gives me "ERROR"

***Modified title from: Action Needed***

:)

Noha ElKhateeb, Aug 12, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Wi-Fi connection shows action needed

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 - Next generation Wi-Fi connectivity

Source: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 | Wi-Fi Alliance

Brink, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Wi-Fi connection shows action needed

1. Wi-Fi connection shows action needed - Similar Threads - connection shows action

2. wi-fi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi-fi connection: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 same as this one but it doesn't have the capability to connect with wi fi. is there an app that I can purchase and download to a thumb drive so that I can transfer to the other computer....
  3. Will not connect to Wi-Fi

Will not connect to Wi-Fi: Can anyone please help me? About 1 week ago my HP Pavillion x360 suddenly disconnected from the Wi-fi. The Wi-fi bars were empty with a little red X. I ended up restarting the computer and it reconnected. The next day it did this again and I deleted the Wi-fi driver...
  4. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  5. Wi-Fi Action Required

Wi-Fi Action Required: I currently have multiple laptops with the following events: WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully connected to a wireless network. Network Adapter: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Interface GUID: {3a31d06d-b556-4fee-bffd-69b76d65ff48} Connection Mode: Automatic...
  6. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...
  7. No wi fi connection

No wi fi connection: Cannot open wi fi on my sony vaio. Laptop recently updated and now shows wi fi as switched off. Have tried all network connections but cannot find a way to switch wi fi on. Help please 85760
  8. Wi-Fi connection

Wi-Fi connection: Trying to connect my Wi-Fi but under settings for network Wi-Fi the Wi-Fi and airplane more setting do not appear. It starts with data storage. Please help because I cannot connect my other computer to the internet or Wi-Fi after upgrading to windows 10. 20245
  9. No wi-fi connection

No wi-fi connection: This isn't specifically about Win10, but maybe someone can help. This morning when I tried to go online with Wi-Fi on my desktop, it said there was no connection. Something about no IP name. It worked fine last night. The modem is not the problem, it worked fine on my tablet....
  10. Wi-Fi not connecting

Wi-Fi not connecting: Have been having this issue of not getting Wi-Fi connect on login lately... [img] Each time I need to do the following to get connected Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ipconfig /flushdns Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. PS...