Windows 10: Wi-Fi connection slowing down with BT on

Discus and support Wi-Fi connection slowing down with BT on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Normally my Wi-Fi connection is like 40-50 Mb/s, but it slows down to, like, 10 Mb/s or so with BT on. That maybe does not sound bad, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Buhaj47, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Buhaj47 Win User

Wi-Fi connection slowing down with BT on

Hi Guys,

Normally my Wi-Fi connection is like 40-50 Mb/s, but it slows down to, like, 10 Mb/s or so with BT on. That maybe does not sound bad, but often websites are taking ages to load. I switched my router to 802.11n; even if that helped, the improvement is hardly noticeable.

What is best is that it is not always the case, sometimes the Internet speed is just fine.

I cannot download the drivers for Windows 10 from the HP website (they are not there), although they were available.

Can the Internet speed be amended with some Windows setting change?

Cheers

:)

Buhaj47, Oct 30, 2015
  2. TimL2 Win User

How to get WP to connect to preferred Wi-Fi connection?

I have a BT Home Hub router which transmits three separate networks: my own named one, and two generic ones, BT Wi-Fi and BT Wi-Fi-with-FON. Just lately my Nokia Lumia 710 has insisted on locking on to the BT Wi-Fi connection (through which nothing will
    download unless I run the BT Wi-Fi app). I then have to select my own network manually.

Is there a way of getting Windows Phone to connect to my preferred Wi-Fi network first time and ignore the other two? It always used to do that.

-- Tim L

TimL2, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Slow Wi Fi speed after free upgrade to windows 10 on my windows 8.1 laptop

After installing my free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 on my laptop the Wi Fi has slowed down from 13mps download to 3.7rmps and is very erratic. it is OK when connected to Ethernet.

I have tried updating the Wi Fi adapter driver ( latest driver installed ), then uninstalled the driver and windows reinstalled it ( no change still slow ). All other devices using the Wi Fi are all OK and read 13mps.

Please help.

IanMumford311, Oct 30, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Download latest drivers for Wi Fi and Bluetooth and update them. If no Windows 10 drivers are available, use 8 or 7. Also if you have an antivirus or firewall installed, make sure the settings do not block anything and cause delays.

spapakons, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi connection slowing down with BT on - Similar Threads - connection slowing down

2. Wi-Fi speed slowing down after connecting Bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi speed slowing down after connecting Bluetooth speaker: Wi-Fi speed slows down after connecting the Bluetooth speakerI am using ASUS X507 laptopI have 50 Mbps speed but after I connect the speaker my wifi speed goes down to 1 MbpsPlease provide some solution....
  3. Wi-Fi speed slowing down after connecting Bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi speed slowing down after connecting Bluetooth speaker: Wi-Fi speed slows down after connecting the Bluetooth speakerI am using ASUS X507 laptopI have 50 Mbps speed but after I connect the speaker my wifi speed goes down to 1 MbpsPlease provide some solution....
  4. Why is my Wi-Fi connection slowing down when connected to Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Wi-Fi connection slowing down when connected to Bluetooth devices: My wifi connection slows unusually when I am connected to a bluetooth device all the time . I have no idea of what to do to solve this problem Device Vivobook 15_Asus Laptop X540UARProcessor IntelR CoreTM i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHzInstalled RAM 4.00 GB 3.89 GB...
  5. Why is my Wi-Fi connection slowing down when connected to Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my Wi-Fi connection slowing down when connected to Bluetooth devices: My wifi connection slows unusually when I am connected to a bluetooth device all the time . I have no idea of what to do to solve this problem Device Vivobook 15_Asus Laptop X540UARProcessor IntelR CoreTM i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHzInstalled RAM 4.00 GB 3.89 GB...
  6. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  7. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  8. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. slow wi fi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow wi fi: wi fi very slow, Sprint said all fine at their end on Optimum, download 167 upload 37. the keyboard doesnt work but when I swith it to oter usb, it starts to work. also, unable to do software update on my i phone 11...
  10. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Wi-Fi: I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wi-fi/9e75d40e-f9f3-4afc-8bc7-c70ff92234af