Windows 10: Wi-fi connection suddenly disappeared on windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Wi-fi connection suddenly disappeared on windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have a Lenovo laptop recently updated to Windows 10. Everything was working fine until yesterday, when the laptop suddenly lost my home wi-fi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mateijan, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Mateijan Win User

Wi-fi connection suddenly disappeared on windows 10 laptop

Hi. I have a Lenovo laptop recently updated to Windows 10. Everything was working fine until yesterday, when the laptop suddenly lost my home wi-fi connection. The wi-fi and router are fine, other devices are connected. The laptop can see other available networks but my one is no longer showing in the list. The laptop can access the internet through hot-spot on my phone. I have tried reinstalling drivers, no luck. I have tried Ipconfig commands but nothing works. I get a "media disconnected" error. I tried a system restore yesterday and the connection came back, but this morning it was gone again. I have tried restoring the system again but it didn't work this time, plus I don't think restoring the system every time is a very practical solution. Can anybody. I have not installed any new programs or changed any settings since the windows 10 update. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Mateijan, Jan 16, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available

Oh dear. I uninstalled it and rescanned for hardware and now the adaptor doesn't show at all. I rebooted and checked again and its completely gone. The Microsoft virtual Wi-Fi adapters have also disappeared. There's no reference to Wi-Fi or wireless in any of the remaining adapters.

There were 9 windows updates that installed yesterday after turning the machine on for the first time. Nothing so fare today, and Wi-Fi was working this morning.

Start-up takes all of 5 seconds so booting to BIOS will be a challenge. I've tried a number of function keys and can't seem to catch it.

visibility, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Wi-fi connection suddenly disappeared on windows 10 laptop

Different Network Connection From the same Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

As mentioned above in your post, the Desktop is connected to the Ethernet
    and Laptop is Connected to the Wi-Fi. It is not possible to connect to the same Wi-Fi networks. If both Desktop and Laptop are on Wi-Fi devices then you could try connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network.

• Did you try the below step provided and what was the result?
    I would suggest you to create a new HomeGroup and check if it helps.
    Refer: HomeGroup
    from start to finish

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Wi-fi connection suddenly disappeared on windows 10 laptop

1. Wi-fi connection suddenly disappeared on windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - connection suddenly disappeared

2. WI-FI option disappeared Suddenly!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WI-FI option disappeared Suddenly!: WI-FI disappeared in my Asus Tuf laptop windows 10. I did a clean installation few days back. But after that wifi was just fine. This happened suddenly. Now there is a yellow mark on WIRELESS DRIVER inside network adapters. pls check the photoHere's what I already did1...
  3. WI-FI option disappeared Suddenly!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WI-FI option disappeared Suddenly!: WI-FI disappeared in my Asus Tuf laptop windows 10. I did a clean installation few days back. But after that wifi was just fine. This happened suddenly. Now there is a yellow mark on WIRELESS DRIVER inside network adapters. pls check the photoHere's what I already did1...
  4. WI-FI option disappeared Suddenly!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My Wi-Fi suddenly disappears from the list of available Wi-Fi

My Wi-Fi suddenly disappears from the list of available Wi-Fi: Hello community My Wi-Fi name suddenly disappears from the Wi-Fi list and it gets disconnected. My neighbors Wi-Fi appears, my access point appears, but only my Wi-Fi disappears. There is nothing wrong with my router. There are no such problems on my other Windows and Android...
  6. Wi-Fi disappeared.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi disappeared.: Two days ago I received a windows update, right after the update finished, my Wi-Fi icon literally disappeared.I went to Device Manager to investigate a bit and found out that under "Network Adapters" the wireless drivers were off and invisible.Couldn't turn them on, so I...
  7. Fix Wi-Fi Connection Problems Wi-Fi connection method disappeared

Fix Wi-Fi Connection Problems Wi-Fi connection method disappeared: The Wi-Fi shortcut is disappeared from the start bar. Even the Wi-Fi shortcut in the setting at the Network & Internet section has gone. After troubleshooting the issue, it pop up 'There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter'. Furthermore, I'm currently not...
  8. Sudden disappearance of bluetooth and WI-Fi services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden disappearance of bluetooth and WI-Fi services: Yesterday when I was attending a meeting on my HP pavillion g6 laptop suddenly my WiFi got disconnected,then I checked the bluetooth and it was off again then I checked my adapter settings and found that both adapters were not detected or were unavailable as shown in the pic...
  9. Wi-Fi Connection Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi Connection Disappearing: For around a month now, my laptop will be connected to the internet, and out of nowhere, the WIFi network will disappear and I’ll lose connection. The only way I’m able to reconnect is by restarting my computer. I am not sure what’s causing this problem and I don’t know what...
  10. Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available

Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available: I have an brand new Lenovo Yoga 920. Picked it up yesterday and it was working perfectly except after a restart this afternoon where it shows "Not connected - No connections are available." When I go to Network and Internet settings, there is no Wi-Fi option to the left under...