Windows 10: wi-fi connection

Discus and support wi-fi connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo all-in-one PC with a Realtek 8821ae lan 802.11 wi-fi card, Win10 cannot find my network or any wi-fi's 50% of the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArtM4, Oct 9, 2019.

1. ArtM4 Win User

wi-fi connection

I have a Lenovo all-in-one PC with a Realtek 8821ae lan 802.11 wi-fi card, Win10 cannot find my network or any wi-fi's 50% of the time

:)

ArtM4, Oct 9, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

wi-fi connection

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 - Next generation Wi-Fi connectivity

Source: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 | Wi-Fi Alliance

Brink, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

wi-fi connection

1. wi-fi connection - Similar Threads - connection

2. Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet: Hey, Short summary of what i am trying to do: To get access to my data on the univerity network i have to connect to the intranet via VPN. I have a servername, my username and password. At first i tried to connect with the recommended (by the uni) client "Aruba Virtual...
  3. JustCamit connection problem since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    JustCamit connection problem since update: I cannot connect justCamit since I had updatecan someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/justcamit-connection-problem-since-update/4a4fa81a-60a5-4dac-ac12-5897ac429ca8
  4. Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google...

Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google...: Hi! I've had this problem for about 2 years, and I feel I've tread about everything there is to try. Of any simillar problems I've found on the forum, none are answered. The problem came out of nowhere (at least as far as i know, not after a major update etc), and was not...
  5. How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp?

How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp?: As far as I know there is a way to connect from Win10 system directly to an Android SmartPhone through Wifi. The Android system should be mounted (=visible) afterwards as drive in Win10 File Explorer. How can I achieve this? Peter 142948
  6. Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection

Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection: Hello everyone, how i can use the function HOTSPOT on Windows 10 (1809), without internet? I wanna connect my smartphone to another use. It's possible? On windows 7, i can use this, simple, but in the windows 10 not work. - I tried use: v OK, But netsh wlan...
  7. website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.

website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.: Ever since my laptop updates to Windows 10, I cannot connect to my school's wifi properly on my PC what so ever! I run all the troubleshooting software and get the same response " website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts." I have...
  8. class config code 56 Inte ethernet connection i218-V

class config code 56 Inte ethernet connection i218-V: I just had to let my troubleshooter reset nmy network adapter settings and it ended up removing the atual ethernet adapter ao I uninstalled all my vpn **** and I am now unable to install any way or any version of the ethernet driver. What do I do now??? My Mb is maximuss vii...
  9. can't able to upgrade pc and unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't able to upgrade pc and unable to connect to internet: not able to upgrade windows and system is not responding to any action and not able to connectto internet facilities pls help me with this issue[IMG][IMG]...
  10. Network connection slow on one PC, normal on other devices (PC, mobile)

Network connection slow on one PC, normal on other devices (PC, mobile): I know there are multiple posts/questions regarding similar issues, but none of them has helped so far. The issue started about 2 weeks ago, initially, I thought it was a problem on the ISP's side, but everything their side checks out fine. I also realised that this was a...