Windows 10: Wi Fi connections

Discus and support Wi Fi connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonKirby2, Jan 15, 2020.

1. RonKirby2 Win User

Wi Fi connections

Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10

my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue

my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram

both have lost connections from time to time and the only cure i can find is to reboot the router

the computers both have the globe and there is no internet available and nothing i can do to get them to see my router or if i enable my hotspot they still cant see it either ,

so press the reset on the router and the globe is cured and internet works

how does the router alter my computers or is it something else ?

I have noticed my newest computers work on 5gig where the older one are most likely 2.4gig only

PS i have tried everything I know to get the computers to work including multiple reboots remove and reinstall wifi card added external wifi usb and nothing works until I reboot router

this has been ongoing over last several months

Thanks for looking hope someone can help

cheers ron

:)

RonKirby2, Jan 15, 2020
  2. allant51 Win User

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Jan 15, 2020
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Wi Fi connections

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Wi Fi connections

1. Wi Fi connections - Similar Threads - connections

2. Connected to bluetooth, but no sound....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connected to bluetooth, but no sound....: Hi there. Have conected to bluetooth device, but no sound. (WIN 10 - 1909) As shown on pictures.... It shows connected on picture 1, but not connected on picture 2. Connetion button on picture 2 is not working. Have updated drivers, dosnt help. Working fine with diferent...
  3. Cannot connect using an Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect using an Ethernet: Hello I'm trying to connect to my internet through an Ethernet and it doesn't seem to want to connect. I have listed my ipconfig if this is useful. Anything else just let me know. :) Windows Version is 1903. ipconfig.txt 149204
  4. Centos 7 Hard Disk Connect

Centos 7 Hard Disk Connect: Good morning, please will you help me? I need connect a Centos 7 Hard Disk in Computer with Windows 10 using a USB StarTech, I had been use Paragon Software but I couldn't saw the files, please will you help me? Regards 149187
  5. Internet Connection

Internet Connection: I do not have technical computer knowledge. Opening all webpages, from any browser, gets slower and slower and resolves briefly if I restart. I have Windows 10 Home. I believe it may have something to do with my DNS settings, but don't know. Can someone help please? Thanks....
  6. Bluetooth Connected to Onyko TX626 AV receiver via Lenova Yoga laptop but no sound-tried...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bluetooth Connected to Onyko TX626 AV receiver via Lenova Yoga laptop but no sound-tried...: I want to play streaming music from Lenova Yoga to my Onyko receiver, but no sound. My android phone works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-connected-to-onyko-tx626-av-receiver-via/c9e27e69-2c5c-42db-973b-73d2a990531a"
  7. Wifi globe icon, no connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi globe icon, no connection: I have a hp omen gaming laptop with windows 10 on it and when i try to connect with my wifi it says no connection available. The internet icon is a globe with a circle and a stripe through it. I tried to reinstall the driver and i renewed the ip adres but nothing worked so...
  8. Bluetooth speaker cannot be connected to my computer

Bluetooth speaker cannot be connected to my computer: Hello. I am missing the Bluetooth toggle ON/OFF button in the Settings - Bluetooth & other devices. Same in Device Manager there are just no such option like Bluetooth Yes i used instructions like download the DriverEasy application. But this app does not find the bluetooth...
  9. Connecting USB to Router to share file's

Connecting USB to Router to share file's: I would like to occasionally share file's like TV shows on my home network . I don't need a Nas as I do this very infrequently. My router does NOT have a USB port. Is it possible to connect a USB to my router using a USB to Ethernet adapter and then see those files on my...
  10. Cannot Connect to Home Wifi on New Computer

Cannot Connect to Home Wifi on New Computer: Hi, I bought a new computer about a couple days ago, tried connecting to my home wifi network, and it says, "can't connect to this network." I tried uninstalling my network adapter and restarting, as well as updating all my drivers. However, I still cannot access the internet...