Windows 10: Wi Fi connections

Discus and support Wi Fi connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonKirby2, Jan 15, 2020.

1. RonKirby2 Win User

Wi Fi connections

Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10

my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue

my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram

both have lost connections from time to time and the only cure i can find is to reboot the router

the computers both have the globe and there is no internet available and nothing i can do to get them to see my router or if i enable my hotspot they still cant see it either ,

so press the reset on the router and the globe is cured and internet works

how does the router alter my computers or is it something else ?

I have noticed my newest computers work on 5gig where the older one are most likely 2.4gig only

PS i have tried everything I know to get the computers to work including multiple reboots remove and reinstall wifi card added external wifi usb and nothing works until I reboot router

this has been ongoing over last several months

Thanks for looking hope someone can help

cheers ron

:)

RonKirby2, Jan 15, 2020
  2. allant51 Win User

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Jan 15, 2020
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Wi Fi connections

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Wi Fi connections

1. Wi Fi connections - Similar Threads - connections

2. Black screen and keyboard off when connecting to an external screen and an external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and keyboard off when connecting to an external screen and an external keyboard: I connected my Dell Inspiron 14 2-in-1 laptop to an external screen and an external keyboard and that moment the screen and the keyboard turned off completely. Even the power button does not work. I restarted it using the external keyboard - didn't help. Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B...
  3. Black screen and keyboard off when connecting to an external screen and an external keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and keyboard off when connecting to an external screen and an external keyboard: I connected my Dell Inspiron 14 2-in-1 laptop to an external screen and an external keyboard and that moment the screen and the keyboard turned off completely. Even the power button does not work. I restarted it using the external keyboard - didn't help. Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B...
  4. Windows Update Broke Bluetooth Speaker Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Broke Bluetooth Speaker Connection: Hi all,I'm not a techy person but I'm really at my wit's end with this problem. I would appreciate any help you can offer.I have an HP x360, model number 13-s138ca that I recently updated. Old as heck, I know I upgraded the RAM to make it run faster as it does everything I...
  5. Windows Update Broke Bluetooth Speaker Connection

Windows Update Broke Bluetooth Speaker Connection: Hi all,I'm not a techy person but I'm really at my wit's end with this problem. I would appreciate any help you can offer.I have an HP x360, model number 13-s138ca that I recently updated. Old as heck, I know I upgraded the RAM to make it run faster as it does everything I...
  6. Windows Update Broke Bluetooth Speaker Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows not recognizing HP Scanner 3000 s4 with USB connection after Realtek Updates 10/18

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not recognizing HP Scanner 3000 s4 with USB connection after Realtek Updates 10/18: Having issues with Scanner not connect using USB. Was working fine on Friday 10/18/24 at the time I left office. Did a Windows update on 10/18 and now not working. Unable to detect USB. Nothing has changed except the update. I removed device and HP completely and reinstalled....
  8. Windows not recognizing HP Scanner 3000 s4 with USB connection after Realtek Updates 10/18

Windows not recognizing HP Scanner 3000 s4 with USB connection after Realtek Updates 10/18: Having issues with Scanner not connect using USB. Was working fine on Friday 10/18/24 at the time I left office. Did a Windows update on 10/18 and now not working. Unable to detect USB. Nothing has changed except the update. I removed device and HP completely and reinstalled....
  9. How can I install a network driver without any internet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I install a network driver without any internet connection?: I’ve been trying to fix this issue for a while now. My Network driver/adapter is not showing up. I’ve reinstalled windows 11 on my laptop hoping that this will resolve the issue. Now I’m unable to compete the setup process because my laptop is unable to connect to a network....
  10. How can I install a network driver without any internet connection?

How can I install a network driver without any internet connection?: I’ve been trying to fix this issue for a while now. My Network driver/adapter is not showing up. I’ve reinstalled windows 11 on my laptop hoping that this will resolve the issue. Now I’m unable to compete the setup process because my laptop is unable to connect to a network....