Windows 10: Wi-Fi connections

Discus and support Wi-Fi connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My pc isn’t connecting to the internet and no Wi-Fi connections are showing up I have checked and it’s not a pc problem it’s a windows problem can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harry Hughes1, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Wi-Fi connections

My pc isn’t connecting to the internet and no Wi-Fi connections are showing up I have checked and it’s not a pc problem it’s a windows problem can someone help me please it’s been like this for weeks

:)

Harry Hughes1, Dec 28, 2022
  2. allant51 Win User

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Dec 28, 2022
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Dec 28, 2022
  4. johnny234 Win User

Wi-Fi connections

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Dec 28, 2022
Thema:

Wi-Fi connections

1. Wi-Fi connections - Similar Threads - connections

2. One user has RDP connection drops between 07:30 and 08:00 only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One user has RDP connection drops between 07:30 and 08:00 only: Hi,I have a strange issue with one user. We have dozens of users using RDP, but this one user experiences RDP connection drops every day, only when he starts working. Usually it happens between 07:50 and 08:00 AM and he loses the connection just once and for the rest of the...
  3. In windows7 when I try to open microsoft website it shows your connection is not p private

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows7 when I try to open microsoft website it shows your connection is not p private: Why it shows that your connection is not private in microsoft website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows7-when-i-try-to-open-microsoft-website/922a4aa2-a92b-4897-8fbb-d6cbd1ec452f
  4. In windows7 when I try to open microsoft website it shows your connection is not p private

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In windows7 when I try to open microsoft website it shows your connection is not p private: Why it shows that your connection is not private in microsoft website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows7-when-i-try-to-open-microsoft-website/922a4aa2-a92b-4897-8fbb-d6cbd1ec452f
  5. Why won't my gaomon tablet connect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my gaomon tablet connect?: My gaomon art tablet isn't connecting anymore and I don't know why. It was just fine the other day but when I tried to connect it again it just stopped working and now it says it's not connecting, even though the display is showing. I've tried: •uninstalling and reinstalling...
  6. Why won't my gaomon tablet connect?

Why won't my gaomon tablet connect?: My gaomon art tablet isn't connecting anymore and I don't know why. It was just fine the other day but when I tried to connect it again it just stopped working and now it says it's not connecting, even though the display is showing. I've tried: •uninstalling and reinstalling...
  7. PC cant connect to wifi extender windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC cant connect to wifi extender windows 10: My Wi-Fi is bad, so I got an extender, it worked for a while but one day it said "cant connect to this network" on the extender Wi-Fi. It's been a while now, and it still won't work....
  8. PC cant connect to wifi extender windows 10

PC cant connect to wifi extender windows 10: My Wi-Fi is bad, so I got an extender, it worked for a while but one day it said "cant connect to this network" on the extender Wi-Fi. It's been a while now, and it still won't work....
  9. PC cant connect to wifi extender windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Mouses without Borders Will not connect

Mouses without Borders Will not connect: Hi all,I have two computers connected to the same Wifi network. They both have the same version of Mouses without borders installed. They both have the "allow" setting checked for the app in the firewall. I have tried both ways to get the computers to link but every time I...