Windows 10: Wi Fi connections

Discus and support Wi Fi connections in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RSCH2O, Aug 24, 2018.

1. RSCH2O Win User

Wi Fi connections

My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time.

It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed.

:)

RSCH2O, Aug 24, 2018
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Amadeus51 Win User
    No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Wi Fi connections

Marivel Man, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Wi Fi connections

1. Wi Fi connections - Similar Threads - connections

2. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  3. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  4. You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection: Hi all, for some reason when the laptop boots up and at times even when it's already running the Your Phone app will attempt to hijack my BT headset connection. This results in the audio going back to the phone rather than any BT device. This means I need to go through the...
  5. You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection

You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection: Hi all, for some reason when the laptop boots up and at times even when it's already running the Your Phone app will attempt to hijack my BT headset connection. This results in the audio going back to the phone rather than any BT device. This means I need to go through the...
  6. Can't connect to wireless display anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wireless display anymore.: I have a Yoga 7i Lenovo with Windows 11, and I've been able to cast to my television just fine until about a week ago. It's a TCL Roku TV. I haven't changed any settings and I've restarted both devices several times, but I still says, "Couldn't Connect." My iPhone still...
  7. Can't connect to wireless display anymore.

Can't connect to wireless display anymore.: I have a Yoga 7i Lenovo with Windows 11, and I've been able to cast to my television just fine until about a week ago. It's a TCL Roku TV. I haven't changed any settings and I've restarted both devices several times, but I still says, "Couldn't Connect." My iPhone still...
  8. 2 separate ethernet connections into 1 desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 separate ethernet connections into 1 desktop?: To preface my questions, I am NOT trying to combine 2 ethernet connections to get any bumps in speed. The speed of both of my fiber ISPs is excellent.I am also not doing this to run programs/apps on specific ethernet connections. ===== The ProblemI have 2 ISPs running into my...
  9. 2 separate ethernet connections into 1 desktop?

2 separate ethernet connections into 1 desktop?: To preface my questions, I am NOT trying to combine 2 ethernet connections to get any bumps in speed. The speed of both of my fiber ISPs is excellent.I am also not doing this to run programs/apps on specific ethernet connections. ===== The ProblemI have 2 ISPs running into my...
  10. 2 separate ethernet connections into 1 desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing