Windows 10: Wi-Fi connectivity problem

Discus and support Wi-Fi connectivity problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I face Wi-Fi connectivity problem. Whenever I tried to upgrade windows I face same problem on different laptops on different companies and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WASEEMEJAZ213, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Wi-Fi connectivity problem

Wi-Fi connectivity problem 4aef85b7-4db5-42e1-8724-2df7984f54d9?upload=true.png

I face Wi-Fi connectivity problem. Whenever I tried to upgrade windows I face same problem on different laptops on different companies and I have to rollback the updates.

Now the question is how to solve the Wi-Fi connectivity issue. I have tried all the possible solutions.

:)

WASEEMEJAZ213, Oct 11, 2018
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Marivel Man, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Wi-Fi connectivity problem

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Wi-Fi connectivity problem

1. Wi-Fi connectivity problem - Similar Threads - connectivity problem

2. WIFI PROBLEMS WITH DISABLING AUTO CONNECT & DRIVER SOFTWARE UPDATES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI PROBLEMS WITH DISABLING AUTO CONNECT & DRIVER SOFTWARE UPDATES: Hi, Could some please assist me by giving a solution to my problem, A few of my friends have used my computer to connected to other wifi source now i can't seem to get rid of them they are still present even when the connection is not in range as well as all the...
  3. Windows Fax & Scan <=> Modem Connection Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax & Scan <=> Modem Connection Problems: Windows Fax & Scan can’t talk to my modem. Symptoms: Fax and Scan says that it encountered an unexpected error when trying to send a fax. Modem Log 02-15-2019 15:45:24.783 - Initializing modem. 02-15-2019 15:45:24.794 - Send: AT<cr> 02-15-2019 15:45:24.881 - Recv:...
  4. Problem with the connection to internet

Problem with the connection to internet: There is a problem on my pc where I'm connected to my home network with ethernet. Windows says that I'm connected but it won't let me browse the internet or use any programs that work with the internet. I also tried to ping bing.com or youtube.com: the packets get sent...
  5. Problem with WiFi connection

Problem with WiFi connection: I have problem with WiFi connection, tried to use the troubleshooter but cannot find it after Windows update to 1809 version that was rolled out in October. How to get it back and fix WiFi connection ?...
  6. bluetooth speaker connection problem

bluetooth speaker connection problem: I have connected a Sony srs-xb10 bluetooth speaker to my computer, it does show that it is connected however, I can not get any sound from it. How do I get sound? Same speaker works great with my android phone....
  7. Problem with network adapters can't connect to internet even via ethernet

Problem with network adapters can't connect to internet even via ethernet: I have a Asus vivobook. it came with win8 now has win10 touchpad, usbports and network adapters are disabled so I'm having trouble doing much to fix this issue...
  8. Problem Connecting to Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem Connecting to Windows Update: Initially, I tried to check for updates around 7 A.M. and have tried several times since ... all unsuccessful. My internet connection is fine. I have attached the error screen. Is there an issue with Windows Update? Thanks 126390
  9. Problem Connecting to Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Connecting to Windows Update: Initially, I tried to check for updates around 7 A.M. and have tried several times since ... all unsuccessful. My internet connection is fine. I have attached the error screen. Is there an issue with Windows Update? Thanks 126390
  10. Wifi connectivity problem

Wifi connectivity problem: Hi Over the past week or so,my internet connection(Wifi) has been disconnecting.I am using a TPlink Wireless USB adapter:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archer-T2U-Wireless-Supports-10-7-10-11/dp/B00K11UIV4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546962138&sr=8-2&keywords=Archer+T2U When my...