Windows 10: Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

Discus and support Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AU Mohsin, May 21, 2022.

1. AU Mohsin Win User

Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet options. For some reason, I have to pause my work. I simply close the laptop lid and come back again after few minutes/hours. But sadly, Wifi option is nowhere in the settings. Most of the time, I have to reset internet and network settings and restart PC for solving the problem and then this option appears again. A few times

:)

AU Mohsin, May 21, 2022

2. Wi-Fi looses internet connection after waking up from sleep

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the suggestion given in the below link and check if it helps:

Wi-Fi won't reconnect after sleep or hibernation

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know the status of the4 issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 21, 2022
  3. HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.

Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep [​IMG]

Jesse Williams, May 21, 2022
  4. unifex Win User

Wi-Fi adapter not powered up after sleep

I am sure I've seen a discussion of this issue before, but I can't find it and therefore decided to start a new thread. I have a very annoying issue that after my laptop "sleeps" sometimes the network connection is unavailable, regardless of whether it's Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

The laptop (LG Gram) has only one sleep state available - S0 "modern standby" which is apparently "network connected". That last bit confuses me since if it's "connected", then why is there no connectivity after it wakes up? When I mean no connectivity, I mean none at all, even proper Wi-Fi settings, such as the on/off switch are not there. The only way to connect is to reboot, which of course defeats the purpose of sleep or whatever modern nonsense this is. Another "symptom" is that the settings for the Wi-Fi adapter do not include Power Options (I read somewhere on the internet that this problem may be solved by changing power settings fro the adapter).

I did find a tutorial on how to enable/disable network connectivity in that standby state. Will disabling this solve my issue? I also found a reddit post regarding this issue suggesting a registry hack. This is also mentioned in the discussion attached to the tutorial, but from those posts I feel reluctant to follow the suggestions in reddit.

Finally, I think I had this issue on my desktop but there I managed to get rid of the S0 in favor of S3 - this is the only available sleep state on my desktop. Just to specify, the desktop is W10 21H2, 19044.1469 , while the laptop is 19044.1466. At this point I have completely forgotten what was the problem on the desktop and what was it that I did to get rid of S0. The only thing I can surmise is that I did not reinstall Windows, so that switch must have been possible at least at some point in the past, although the tutorial states that it's impossible.

unifex, May 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep - Similar Threads - disappears waking laptop

2. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  3. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  4. Wi-Fi disappeared from computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi disappeared from computer: My Wi-Fi has disappeared from my computer after an update. I’ve searched for resolutions: have checked hidden devices, restarted computer multiple times. There is no WIFI option available anywhere in the Device Manager. If I click internet connection, it will tell me windows...
  5. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  6. Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep: I unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" option beside all Wi-Fi adapters in the Device Manager yet it still happens. Any reply is appreciated!...
  7. Wi-FI scanner stops working after wake-up

Wi-FI scanner stops working after wake-up: Hello I have an HP 15-bs0 laptop with Windows 10 1703 and a Brother MFC-J870DW printer. When it wakes up from sleep, the scanner will not work. Windows Fax and Scan says "No scanners detected" I have to reboot the thing to get it going again. Why is this happening, and any...
  8. WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep

WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep: Hello, I know this issue has been raised a couple of times and I have read most of the troubleshooting provided on other forums but to no avail. I would like to raise this issue again with hopes of finding solutions. Issue: When waking up from sleep, Wifi is disconnected....
  9. Laptop waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  10. HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.

HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.: This problem doesn't happen at all times. But sometimes, when my HP Desktop goes into sleep mode and when I go to wake it up, it has a hard time connecting to my Wi-Fi network. Sometimes, it won't connect at all. I had to run the network troubleshooter today and it...