Windows 10: Wi-Fi disconnect

Discus and support Wi-Fi disconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Wi-Fi keeps being disconnected and I am not sure what is doing it. When I go to settings I am usually able to reconnect but not always in the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by logman, Dec 20, 2017.

1. logman Win User

Wi-Fi disconnect

My Wi-Fi keeps being disconnected and I am not sure what is doing it. When I go to settings I am usually able to reconnect but not always in the same sway. Sometimes I have to go to the troubleshooter and it determines that the "network adaptor" needs to be reset. Others using the same Wi-Fi do not have this problem and my cell phone never looses it's connection. Does any one have a solution?.......

:)

logman, Dec 20, 2017

2. Wifi not turning on when I disconnect from Ethernet in Windows 10 - HELP!!

Hi,

From the above description, I see that you want Wi-Fi to be turned on automatically when I disconnect from Ethernet.

If the Wi-Fi is always turned on when you disconnect from Ethernet it will automatically connect to Wi-Fi.

If the Wi-Fi is turned off when you disconnect from Ethernet, Wi-Fi will not connect or it will not turn on the Wi-Fi.

Wi-Fi will not turn on automatically, but it will connect automatically if its turned on.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 20, 2017
  3. sinkez Win User
    Unable to reconnect to Wi Fi after disconnecting it

hi, Wi-Fi will ONLY CONNECT ONCE to a modem

the issue is: if I disconnect the Wi-Fi, it will disconnect. BUT IT WILL NOT RE-CONNECT without a full restart. it just lags & freezes = even the same Wi-Fi that was using.

I know its not the modem as my old PC would disconnect & re-connect many times

its very simple Wi-Fi , no VPN , just personal home use

ta, mark

Original Title: re-connecting to wi-fi

sinkez, Dec 20, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Wi-Fi disconnect

Placement of the wifi router can be the problem, it should not be close to wireless phone base, smarttv, should not be in enclosed shelving, near window, close to wall with metal in the wall such as metal studs, put it up high on top of shelves. Microwaves are also bad for signal when being used near the router. *Nerd

dmholt57, Dec 20, 2017
  5. logman Win User
    Thanks dmholt57,
    I think I am ok on the things you mentioned. My suspicion is either Windows 10 keeps turning Wi-Fi off, which is sometimes the case or something in my Bitdefender security turns the Wi-Fi off. I have tried disabling power saving etc. but nothing seems to work long term, although sometimes I can stay connected for more than an hour or two without interruption........

logman, Dec 20, 2017
  6. Have you reset your modem and router lately

Techjourney, Dec 21, 2017
  7. Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Wi-Fi disconnect [​IMG]

theveterans, Dec 21, 2017
  8. brummyfan Win User

Wi-Fi disconnect

Go to your router Advanced settings and disable QOS, it may work.
    How to Use Quality of Service (QoS) to Get Faster Internet When You Really Need It

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wi-Fi disconnect

1. Wi-Fi disconnect - Similar Threads - disconnect

2. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  3. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  4. Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly: Hello, I am here today about an odd issue with my internet connection. It seems to be random, perhaps every 30 minutes but not exactly sure. The wifi will disconnect, and I need to go back into the wifi connections in order to reconnect it. This issue is occuring on a laptop...
  5. Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly

Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly: Hello, I am here today about an odd issue with my internet connection. It seems to be random, perhaps every 30 minutes but not exactly sure. The wifi will disconnect, and I need to go back into the wifi connections in order to reconnect it. This issue is occuring on a laptop...
  6. My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router: My notebook is an Aspire 3 with Windows 11. In the beginning it used to get WiFi like any other device, it could get quite far from the router which still had a strong and stable connection, but it has been a long time since it started to lose connection to the network Just...
  7. My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router

My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router: My notebook is an Aspire 3 with Windows 11. In the beginning it used to get WiFi like any other device, it could get quite far from the router which still had a strong and stable connection, but it has been a long time since it started to lose connection to the network Just...
  8. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!: My laptop's wifi keep disconnecting and shows no internet access and when i try to connect again to my home wifi then it won't connect...and after some time of trying to connect to the wifi back....The list start to shows there is no wifi availaible..To Fix this i have to run...
  9. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!: My laptop's wifi keep disconnecting and shows no internet access and when i try to connect again to my home wifi then it won't connect...and after some time of trying to connect to the wifi back....The list start to shows there is no wifi availaible..To Fix this i have to run...
  10. Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.

Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.: Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep. Could not find a "power management tab" as discussed in other forums. Please be more specific on how to prevent this problem. This is extremely frustrating that the descriptions I have found to correct this issue do...