Windows 10: Wi-Fi disconnects after waking from sleep. Manually have to click connect after.

Discus and support Wi-Fi disconnects after waking from sleep. Manually have to click connect after. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Almost every time I've gone to wake my computer up from sleep, my wifi has disconnected and there is an empty globe icon. After logging back in, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JTekDev, May 10, 2021.

1. JTekDev Win User

Wi-Fi disconnects after waking from sleep. Manually have to click connect after.

Almost every time I've gone to wake my computer up from sleep, my wifi has disconnected and there is an empty globe icon. After logging back in, I have to manually click it and connect to my network again. I've tried some things I've seen online Power Management, Performance Mode, etc., but none of them have worked. Any help would be great. Thanks.

:)

JTekDev, May 10, 2021
  2. JLominac Win User

Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi

When my PC wakes up, the Wi-Fi connects automatically even though “Connect automatically when in range” is off. This happens even if the PC was disconnected from the Wi-Fi before it went into sleep mode. How can the automatic connection be stopped?

JLominac, May 10, 2021
  3. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Wi-Fi disconnects after waking from sleep. Manually have to click connect after. [​IMG]

theveterans, May 10, 2021
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

Wi-Fi disconnects after waking from sleep. Manually have to click connect after.

No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi disconnects after waking from sleep. Manually have to click connect after. - Similar Threads - disconnects waking sleep

2. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  3. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  4. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  5. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  6. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  7. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  8. Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep: I unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" option beside all Wi-Fi adapters in the Device Manager yet it still happens. Any reply is appreciated!...
  9. Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep: I get a new laptop Vostro 5490 with Win10 Pro 2004. everything works great but once my laptop goes into sleep mode it's become a problem. I can go in and out of sleep mode just fine, but my problem is that upon exiting sleep mode my computer cannot pick up any wifi signals...
  10. HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.: This problem doesn't happen at all times. But sometimes, when my HP Desktop goes into sleep mode and when I go to wake it up, it has a hard time connecting to my Wi-Fi network. Sometimes, it won't connect at all. I had to run the network troubleshooter today and it...